Pig cooker coal set up?

I'd imagine the sand would act as sort of a heat diffuser, and would also absorb fat drippings and keep flare ups a bay. Not sure if that's the way I'd go, cause your going to have to clean up the same volume of sand at the end of the cook, whereas your fuel will cook down and mostly burn off. Seems like it might be an unnecessary second step in the clean up process.

I'm not sure the sand is necessary. I'd simply push the coals into the 4 corners, but then again my whole hog smoker is/was an indirect smoker.

Regarding cleanup of that smoker. Something tells me those side doors, a shovel and a water hose make for a simple clean up.

What do you do with the head when you're done?
icon_cool.gif

I have never done it, but I assume you are to wrap the head in a towel and place it under your wife"s pillow to scare her?

Happy Halloween!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
What do you do with the head when you're done?
icon_cool.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It makes nice bling if you bronze it and dangle it from your neck.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clay Jackson:
I have never done it, but I assume you are to wrap the head in a towel and place it under your wife"s pillow to scare her?

Happy Halloween! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, my wife might think that’s an improvement!
icon_smile.gif

Gary

Back