Picante Chops with Iron Skillet Yams

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Marinated for days, two thick pork chops in Goya Picante Mojo then seasoned with Penzey's Galena Street.

DSCN2860.JPG

using all used Kingsford, the Weber chimney was nearly filled to the brim...

DSCN2867.JPG

skinned the yams then sliced thick 1.5 inch slabs, EVOO'd them & in to a cast iron skillet.

DSCN2866.JPG

no seasoning on those yams, just plain ol' naked and turned over after 30 minutes.
these get cooked in no time.
now time for the pork chops...

DSCN2872.JPG

direct to sear then off to the side for a 135ºF internal temp...

DSCN2873.JPG

once removed from the 26" Weber, the chops were foil tented for 15 minutes or so.
meanwhile, fresh from the garden is our own Bok Choy.
Lightly sautéed in rice wine vinegar with thin sliced onions.
Then, a drop or three of seasame oil to serve.

DSCN2879.JPG

The chop was amazingly tender and juicy...

DSCN2877.JPG

DSCN2880.JPG

the mix of flavours with the Bok Choy & the Picante pork & the yams were very interesting, tasty & Fun!
Liz liked it, I liked it and you may like it too ;D
Thanks for visiting, now it's time to
th_Smiley12-1.gif
BOWL!!

I see a couple of "TURKEYS" tonight at the alley.....;)With a perfect meal like that, should be a perfect game. This cook gets a 300 from me :p YABA DABA DOOOO!!! O.O

Those chops looked very pale after their soak. Did you notice a huge taste difference than say a straight up grill?

Wow Jim that is a awesome meal! Love the plated pics!!! Could really go for a couple of them chops!!

Perfect....thing of beauty right there!

thanks for those kind words :)
Paul, the chops looked very pale, colourless in fact. However, the marinade did add tons of flavour to the pork... wish i could have save a cut of it for you to taste, certain you'd have liked it too ;)

Bob, did you know that DIET is DIE with a tee...? No, not dieting. Yet. :p

thanks for those kind words :)
Paul, the chops looked very pale, colourless in fact. However, the marinade did add tons of flavour to the pork... wish i could have save a cut of it for you to taste, certain you'd have liked it too ;)

Bob, did you know that DIET is DIE with a tee...? No, not dieting. Yet. :p

Thank you!!

Back