Picanha is On!

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Ok, moving the info on the picahna down here. I just plopped it on. Had a generous seasoning of S&P especially on the scored cap. Both Chef IQ probes are in. I ran it on Super Smoke about 25 min. Now we're set to 230. I'll leave it there until I get the meat to 110 internal. I'll then pull it, and crank the Z up to maybe 480, put the picanha back on fat cap down to start, and midway flip it cap up (unless someone has a better suggestion). One probe in the thinner end the other in the larger end. Hoping to not have large probe over 125 and small over 135. Fingers crossed journey has begun. Good smells wafting in from the deck

OK finished photos. Very good eating. Was kind of surprised at the layer of hard fat or gristle under the fat cap. Anyway the fat cap rendered nicely/crispy. Overall a very tasty meal. Meat texture not quite as tender as I imagined (very good) something maybe not quite as tender as tri-tip, but darn close. And honestly I think slightly tastier than tri-tip. Bottom line I think I'm gonna hit Costco and buy a few more.

20240629_184104.jpg20240629_184308.jpg20240629_184319.jpg

Back