Philly cheese steak (inspired by John Solak)

WB Zipf

TVWBB Pro
My son and I are alone for the day, as my duaghter and wife are at a Girl Scout event. We were at the store, trying to figure out what we wanted for dinner, after several rejections by my 15 year old son, I threw out the suggestion of philly cheese steaks (remembering John Solak's post and great looking cook). Well my son egarly bit on that suggestion. Like John, I ordered the ribeye, but I asked the butcher to thinly slice a pound. He obliged and we picked up the rest of the ingredients. This is how it turned out.

Had to start with some grill fries made from fingerling potatoes and cooked on my gasser.

image_zpsjunenvuc.jpeg

Here is the cast of characters for the sandwich internals.

image_zpskq69geez.jpeg

Here they are on the Performer.

image_zpsw7wdq86n.jpeg

Here is the finished product.

image_zpspcwxnjoo.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice work! I've been interested in Philly Cheese Steaks since about the first time I got interested in BBQ....... both around 1996-1998. Got my first "real" BBQ in KC about that same time, & then started checking out cheese steak places in the early 2000s.... One day I'll try Cheeze Whiz on one of them :)

Okay how come I didn't get the memo, left out of the loop again. You guys are making some killer sammies for sure.

WOW!!! Now that is a sandwich, love those Philly Cheese Steaks and just the right amount of cheese LOTS. Awesome job WB.

Back