Performer table temp question

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
I was wondering if the table top is heat resistant enough to put a deep fryer (small hamilton beach model). I was thinking of frying some sweet potato fries outside vice in my kitchen. Thanks.

Heat? Not a problem at all.
Grease stains? Possible.

I've set extremely hot items on my table with no adverse effects.

I would be afraid I would melt it. Your a brave man Bob.

Thanks Earl, but thermoset is just a modern version of bakelite, another thermoset type plastic.
Chosen, I would assume, by Weber due to its light weight and its extreme high heat resistance.
And I'm sure it's pretty cheap when compared to stainless steel.
Brittleness is another matter, but Weber is quick to replace broken tables, for free in most cases.

Last edited:
I was just thinking yesterday how I'd like to make a table for my kettle. Where should I look to find the heat resistant material to make a table?

Gene, I made mine out of wood and use a solid surface cutting board to place hot pans on. I have some leftover FRP panels that I might glue to the top as it's getting weathered. I know that's heat resistant cause we use it to line the back-walls on cook-lines in restaurants. You can check it out at Home depot in the paneling dept.

Tim

YOu can also find a nice square foot or 16" Tile at any HomeDepot or Lowes store...Tell them you want a single sample for color comparison at home and they will usually give you one...and there you have a nice unique trivet.

Well I used it, and the table is just like new. I did put foil under it to catch anything I might of dripped. Convenient for the burger, dogs, and fries all in one spot!

Gene, I made mine out of wood and use a solid surface cutting board to place hot pans on. I have some leftover FRP panels that I might glue to the top as it's getting weathered. I know that's heat resistant cause we use it to line the back-walls on cook-lines in restaurants. You can check it out at Home depot in the paneling dept.

Tim

Thanks Tim, sorry it took me so long to respond to your answer. I'll have to go there and ask for some of that. I couldn't find where I posted this and I have so much going on right now. Thanks.

Gene

Back