peach wood

Patrick Redmond

TVWBB Member
A buddy of mine just gave me a few logs of peach wood. I was wondering if anyone has used this or knows anyone who does.

I am intresteted in finding out the overall opinion on this and whether or not i should even bother putting it in my wood box

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick Redmond:
A buddy of mine just gave me a few logs of peach wood. I was wondering if anyone has used this or knows anyone who does.

I am intresteted in finding out the overall opinion on this and whether or not i should even bother putting it in my wood box </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES, absolutely keep it. Peach wood is very mild and sweet. Exceptionally good on pork, ask Myron Mixon of Jacks Old South BBQ who has won numerous awards cooking over peach wood from Jaaaawga!
icon_biggrin.gif

Peach is my favorite wood to use. Especially on ribs. The smoke is soooo sweet smelling. The only problem I have is finding a good piece that's not starting to rot. Definitely an excellent wood.

Back