Paul Kirks class on Saturday the 19th

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bsparr:
Anyone that wants to provide some input as to how we could make this class better feel free to drop me an e-mail.

Brad Sparr </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brad, you guys were awesome! Thanks so much for your help. You have an awesome set-up BTW. Very impressive.

Thanks very much, the best thing about BBQ is that you have the opportunity to meet so many great people.

Brad - you and Susan did a great job. The facilities on Saturday were great and the crawfish boil on Fri night was awesome!

As much as I got big pit envy, I think we left a few of those guys with WSM envy. You should have seen the look on their face when they heard you could cook steady for 12hrs+ with minimal tinkering.

I learned a lot talking to some of the best competitors in TX and around the country- The Ritter’s and Sparr's, Chris from Maryland of Close Encounters of the Swine Kind, Colby of No Butts BBQ in Abilene, TX, and John of Littlejohn Cookers in Austin, TX just to name a few. It fueled my desire to compete in the next few years.

B –how did your night in Dallas go on Saturday?
Darrin – hope ya had a good trip back Sat. night!

Steve

Steve: Much of the information Paul gave you is very basic, you really need to experiment with what works for you. If you do decide to compete you will need to understand that you are at the mercy of the judges. If you are happy with the product you turn in, that is a good cookoff.

Susan and I had a great time and look forward to seeing you down the road.

Brad

Trip back was fairly uneventful. Which was fine with me.
icon_biggrin.gif

I really don't have any comments on how it could be better from the host standpoint. I had a great time. If you use a WSM, it was a bit difficult to keep adding different meat, but I didn't have much trouble. I do wish I could have cooked my brisket to a higher temp.

I really have no desire to compete, so that part wasn't a big deal, but if you want to I bet it helped.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Mayer:

B –how did your night in Dallas go on Saturday?

Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, I'd never been to Texas before, let alone Dallas(except thru the airport). We stayed on the West End and I can't remember ever seeing more beautiful women in one place, it was incredible! We stayed at the Amerisuites and went walking for a while sampling different bars. There's a bar called(I think) Dick's Last Resort...that place was hilarious...what a blast.

Nice to meet every one of you guys. Take care!

-brian

Back