Paste Flat

I tried it once and got to thinking one could put the paste on the day before, then wipe it off then apply rub. That way you wouldn't end up with bald spots where the paste falls off, still get the flavor benefit of it and still get bark. Sort of like a marinade.

Anyway, sounds good Bryan, looking forward to your pics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn W:
I tried it once and got to thinking one could put the paste on the day before, then wipe it off then apply rub. That way you wouldn't end up with bald spots where the paste falls off, still get the flavor benefit of it and still get bark. Sort of like a marinade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes Shawn, I plan to wipe off the paste so I can salt the flat, then apply the dry rub. I did the paste rub on an Eye-O-Round earlier this year, and noticed the paste fell off in spots. I liked the results and taste of the paste rub on the Eye. I have high expectations for this flat, as the paste rub came out really nice in the taste dept. I'll grind up a dry rub in the AM when I get up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
You got that brisket on yet big boy??? We want pic's!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, it's on Larry. Beans went on at 9:00AM and the flat went on at 9:30AM. Had a few too many last night and got a little bit of a late start this morning. Pics are updated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
You got that brisket on yet big boy??? We want pic's!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, it's on Larry. Beans went on at 9:00AM and the flat went on at 9:30AM. Had a few too many last night and got a little bit of a late start this morning. Had a few too many last night and got a little bit of a late start this morning. Pics are updated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know the feeling all too well.....I'm getting ready to pop a top with my bacon, eggs, sriracha and toast.....ugh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r benash:
What rub did you use? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well Ray, like I said above, a few too many lastnight.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I had plans of making a rub this AM but ran out of time. I ended up using a light dusting of Head Country Rub as my salt, and some leftover Kevin's "A Butt Rub for Jane" on the flat.
icon_biggrin.gif
Looked and smelled great going into the foil. That'll be the last pic till I get home from my Sisters later tonight.

I just finished dinner of a HH packer and used Kevins "A Butt Rub for Jane" as the rub...outstanding (will post pics later). I read the threads and Kevin responded that it should work for brisket and indeed he was right (I did not add the coffee as he mused might be good). This is now my "go to" rub.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn W:
How'd it come out? Where's the slice pics buddy?
icon_confused.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was fantastic, really nice and spicey. Sis, Niece, Nephew, all loved it. Forgot to take a pic of it sliced though.
icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
How'd it come out? Where's the slice pics buddy?
icon_confused.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was fantastic, really nice and spicey. Sis, Niece, Nephew, all loved it. Forgot to take a pic of it sliced though.
icon_redface.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>not like there was really any doubt
icon_cool.gif
, but still, great to hear!

I really liked the look of the brisky in the wet rub baggie thingy
icon_biggrin.gif
, I plan on doing that

Back