Passover 2024

We stopped by a few stores to see what they had in the way of Passover food and the stores around here have almost nil. Not even regular Matza. We love chocolate covered Matza but have not seen that in about 5 years.
We make our own. Dark chocolate chips and 300° bake in the oven for a few minutes. Then use a knife and spread the warmed chocolate. It’ll harden when it cools. And add a few chopped almonds on top when the chocolate is still warm.

We make our own. Dark chocolate chips and 300° bake in the oven for a few minutes. Then use a knife and spread the warmed chocolate. It’ll harden when it cools. And add a few chopped almonds on top when the chocolate is still warm.
Sounds good but we did not even find the matza so I would have to make that also.

I never made or have eaten lamb but I am willing to try after seeing these pictures. As a kid I watched Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop, I always felt like it would be eating a friend. :unsure: :LOL:
I’d start with a rack of lamb. Super easy to make and a rack feeds two people with leftovers. And cook time is very fast.

Or a leg of lamb, cut into kebobs for skewering. A great way to enjoy a Mediterranean style meal.

Lamb roast, like this is also easy but you need a larger audience to serve it to.

Happy Passover Brett!
Always like to see your updates and this looks delicious. Brisket looks epic. I also love a good home made chicken stock. There is absolutely nothing like it, I could just drink it neat. I've done a similar recipe for lamb leg before with pomegranate molasses but before I got the smoker so just in the oven. May give that a go.
Hope you get time for relaxing amongst all the cooking.

Brett your lamb looks amazing.
I now have the munchies and need to revisit cooking lamb

You are right about starting people out on rack of lamb.
I’ve never tried lamb kabobs so that’s now on the list too.
I got my wife and kids (ha ha) to enjoy lamb by serving them braised lamb shanks in a red burgundy sauce with veggies.

Happy Passover Brett!
Always like to see your updates and this looks delicious. Brisket looks epic. I also love a good home made chicken stock. There is absolutely nothing like it, I could just drink it neat. I've done a similar recipe for lamb leg before with pomegranate molasses but before I got the smoker so just in the oven. May give that a go.
Hope you get time for relaxing amongst all the cooking.
Thanks, mate. I appreciate your kind words. All the food was great. Still enjoying the leftovers too.

I hope to relax once the old home hits the market for sale. That’ll be a big day for us.

Brett your lamb looks amazing.
I now have the munchies and need to revisit cooking lamb

You are right about starting people out on rack of lamb.
I’ve never tried lamb kabobs so that’s now on the list too.
I got my wife and kids (ha ha) to enjoy lamb by serving them braised lamb shanks in a red burgundy sauce with veggies.
Thanks. Lamb is a protein that appears exotic but is really simple to work with. It takes on flavor well and it’s a little richer than beef. We really enjoy it. And a braised shank is always good!

Shalom! The feast looks wonderful as always! I had lamb for Easter and my grandmothers birthday when I was a kid but, after my parents moved away I drifted away from it for several years. I did a split protein Easter this year and the lamb went like the dew before the sun!
Your treatment of it makes me smile, always well thought out and cooked as well as one could hope for!
Ve got a few racks just waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.

You've inspired me, Brett. I picked up a boneless LoL at Costco today (along with a 12.5lb prime brisket) and am going to give that lamb recipe a go on the Sear+. Wish me luck!

You've inspired me, Brett. I picked up a boneless LoL at Costco today (along with a 12.5lb prime brisket) and am going to give that lamb recipe a go on the Sear+. Wish me luck!
I'm sure you'll crush it.

For your notes, I used fresh mint, not dried, and added more fresh garlic, rosemary and pomegranate molasses. I tend to like flavorful food thus the extra seasoning. When the LoL is de-netted and splayed, I made additional slashes inside the meat to create more surface area for the wet rub.

And I tied the leg back up using butcher twine so the LoL was even in shape.

I cooked till the center was 140F. I might go lower next to to 135F and then tent and rest the lamb. I think this will make for more juicy slices when carving up the lamb.

Looking forward to seeing your results. We finished the brisket today with the last few slices going to a friend who wanted to try some of my 'q.

I'm sure you'll crush it.

For your notes, I used fresh mint, not dried, and added more fresh garlic, rosemary and pomegranate molasses. I tend to like flavorful food thus the extra seasoning. When the LoL is de-netted and splayed, I made additional slashes inside the meat to create more surface area for the wet rub.

And I tied the leg back up using butcher twine so the LoL was even in shape.

I cooked till the center was 140F. I might go lower next to to 135F and then tent and rest the lamb. I think this will make for more juicy slices when carving up the lamb.

Looking forward to seeing your results. We finished the brisket today with the last few slices going to a friend who wanted to try some of my 'q.

Agree with your fresh mint approach, plus it makes a nice garnish/display if you have extra. I just happened to have some pomegranate molasses around due to recently making homemade grenadine for cocktails, so it seems like it was meant to be. I'm really looking forward to this and will certainly post up the results. Wife won't touch lamb, but both my kids and I really like it. Might have to try a boneless, skinless chicken breast for her with the same preparation.

Back