Parts source

BobW

TVWBB Fan
I gota tell ya...started this hobby about 10 years ago I think. Parts for early Gennys were fairly easy to come by. Last one I did was about 4 years ago that needed a number of parts but they were plentiful. Wow doing this skyline now and they seem to be scarcer and a bit more costly. Many of the grates are gone besides the RC planebuyer SS rod types. Im weird I guess because I have several of the old 7525 porcelain coated steel type in several of my favs and I like’em. Unfortunately that’s just one of the items I’m having trouble finding this go round. Seem they were even at homies a year or so ago...where are you devout and faithful getting your stuff these days? I have a cart full at bbq parts.com but it’s not inexpensive anymore. Maybe I’m just getting old and crotchety ��

Last edited:
Well Cut my hair and call me baldy Sam...thank you. Pays to pay more attention I guess. This will help!

Our accumulated sources for stuff is definitely a great resource. I do think the we are starting to see the end of ready availability for more and more of the older Genesis parts. It stood out to me a couple years ago when my Ace told me that the casters were being discontinued by Ace. I bought out what they had. Things like grates, burners and flavorizers are bound to be around for a bunch more years, but as the remaining stock of more specialized oem parts is depleted, the other stuff is going to get few and far between. Try restoring a first generation Summit today...not a pretty picture. Eventually it will get a lot harder for the early Genesis grills, too.

Last edited:
Jon,

I agree, but the one thing the early Genesis has going for it is that there really is not that many parts. Simplicity can be a good thing. Unfortunately, it's already a pain to find some things for it, like 13 flavorizer bars that aren't crazy expensive.

I imagine one of the biggest problems is, why sell something for 50 or $60 like flavorizer bars when a person can go to a box store and buy a whole brand new shiny grill for 150 dollars.

Back