Parts Alert

I would try to get that for less. He is not going to have a large customer base and may sit on it for a while.
But, Larry, if you don't need it, someone going to the Grill Meet may want it and you could hand it off there.

Being a new x000 firebox, that is kind of nice. I think Bruce is right, though, and the price needs to come down some. A new x000 drip tray would be a more exciting find :sneaky: !

Being a new x000 firebox, that is kind of nice. I think Bruce is right, though, and the price needs to come down some. A new x000 drip tray would be a more exciting find :sneaky: !
I prefer made is USA over China. But this would be good for someone to make in China and sell on Amazon or something. atleast to give us options. Making it out of stainless would have been awesome.

Not worth $60 to us, but we all have a few sitting around collecting dust.
Not a bad price for the average guy. I would likely have priced it about $75 or so.

100%. Yes, it's the discontinued consumable parts like the drip tray that we need.

Technically, those drip pans shouldn't be "consumable". I guess the acids in the grease eat them up or they don't use the same ceramic coating process on them that they use on the lids, but they certainly don't last as long.

No, they shouldn't and as far as i'm concerned it's the only troublesome part on the x000 that cannot easily be salvaged from another grill, replaced or replicated in a similar fashion. (a separate discussion is warranted on the rocker switch bracket).

I've had the idea to cut and bend pieces of aluminum in a vise and then rivet at an overlap seam if the day ever came...

Yeah, I think the complexity of making a replacement is what keeps the companies that make other replacement parts from getting involved.

Hey if someone wants me to chase it down say the word. Either through the meet or someway I will work a way out

Larry, if you are willing to pick it up for me, offer the guy $40 for it. It costs me $30 to have them sand blasted, and I would probably use that one on my SS Platinum conversion to a deep box. We could hand off at the meet if it works for you.

Just $40. Wait until after the weekend. If it is still there, he will start getting worried and just want it gone.
If not, As I always say "There will be another one".

Back