"Parboiling isn’t the best for bratwurst"

i'll never forget chicago cub fans tailgating at Milwaukee's Miller Park attending a BrewCrew game in TRYING to light their charcoal by blasting it with lighter fluid...

Yea, that's cause they can't tailgate around Wrigley and they have no clue.
Surprised they weren't microwaving the brats while using a smart phone app. :p

Tim

I can't believe they left out Usinger's using that criteria! what would Bob Uecker say?
usinger's PAYS uecker to boost their ego.
however, klement's (in my opinion), are on a lower scale of taste quality than usinger's... and johnsonville is just to damn big to stay a consistent quality sausage maker.

It's like a WI lovefest in here.

If cooking for just a few, I grill all the way through and serve hot off the grill. If grilling for many, I'll par grill to get the sausages browned then finish and hold in a pan of beer. I prefer the brats from my butcher but, if I'm forced to get mass produced brats, I usually go for Usingers (with Klements second, store brand third, and Johnsonville last).

Ok, now that I need to eat a bratwurst really soon, I have a question that searching (half-heartedly) the forum hasn't been answered. Beside homemade, what is everyone's go-to sauerkraut? I like Aldi's Deutsche Kuche German Style. It is not always on the shelf.

One of my closest friends is from "Sconi". He's a chemical engineer and a brat boiler! I'm not going to have the heart to tell him about the science! I like my brats direct grilled, over medium low heat and turned often. I usually poke a few holes in the casing so the juices can leak out slower vs pop when I'm least expecting it. Several local stores in my area make them in house. My favorite place makes them with roasted hatch chili peppers when their in season and they are FANTASTIC. I also enjoy a little kraut with dogs n' brats but I'm the only one in my house who does, so I usually stick to the deli style mustard which is a close second.

Back