Paella on the Performer

Pete in PG

TVWBB Pro
I follow Alton Brown's recipe except that I add Spanish Chorizo and shrimp at the very end (the residual heat is sufficient to cook the shrimp).

I find this is also tastier if you have your own chicken stock - a good reason to save those bones!

Anyway, the prep takes about 30 minutes and the paella takes about 45 minutes to an hour to cook. We had friends over last night - both guys are gas cookers and they were pretty amazed at how well the Weber kettle works.

IMG_3410.JPG

Getting a little color on the chicken before adding other ingredients.

IMG_3411.JPG

A few veggies....

IMG_3412.JPG

Almost ready to come off.... this had a very nice crust on the bottom, socarrat.

IMG_3414.JPG

Great minds thinking alike...

I made paella Saturday night, too. I am horrible about taking pictures while I cook, but it went beautifully. i cubed up a couple chicken breasts for the wives, and threw in wings and drummies for the guys. A pound of gulf shrimp and bunch of Spanish chorizo. I don't know why I don't do it more often...it is always a hit.

Edited to Add

I like the way you cut your green beans. I am going to steal that for my next one.

That looks amazing! I have family coming next month and I'm gonna steal the green beans idea when I cook that for them!

Back