Overnigth Butts

j. pavone

TVWBB Super Fan
2 8 pounder butts - chris lily injection - full throttle hog rub. I put them on at 11pm last night, slept a few hours wrapped at 160. I couldn't resist so a small piece accidentally fell into my hand - you know i had to try it, Oh man can't wait untill i pull it at the party. Anyway here are some pics, i will take a few shots when it is pulled. Enjoy
icon_smile.gif

porkbutt005.jpg

porkbutt004.jpg

porkbutt003.jpg

porkbutt002.jpg

porkbutt001.jpg

Very Naughty to pull a strip of bark off, Eat it, THEN take a photo
Looks very edible cobber.

That's gonna be some fine eating right there and that sample you pulled off is callin my name! Can't wait to see the pulled pics. Great job.

Call me a bonehead for leaving my camera home and not taking pictures of the pulled pork. I apologize
icon_mad.gif
I really wanted to show those. By far the tastiest butts i have done. With chris lilly's injection, the homemade bbq sauce and full throttle hog rub i couldnt stop picking at it while pulled. again sorry about no pics

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j. pavone:
Call me a bonehead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're a bonehead. Nice looking butts.

The injection was the difference for me. It had a juicier texture and being my first time trying it i could tell the difference. I know it sounds weird but some spots on the bottom of the butt had the consistency of dark turkey meat which i which i found myself dipping in the juice collected in the foil. It had about a 1/2 inch thick smoke ring, i used apple and hickory.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The injection was the difference for me. It had a juicier texture and being my first time trying it i could tell the difference. I know it sounds weird but some spots on the bottom of the butt had the consistency of dark turkey meat which i which i found myself dipping in the juice collected in the foil. It had about a 1/2 inch thick smoke ring, i used apple and hickory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm starting to come around to the injected brine (which is what Lilly's injection pretty much is). Now that I tried it and my fears that I'd get something hammy have been alleviated, I'm starting to see the light.

I cut a chuck roll in two and shot up one half. I could tell the brine made a bit of a difference in the perceived moistness of the pulled meat.

how was anchor bar?

J the anchor bar was great - we ordered the 50 piece bucket with medium wing sauce and a single order of the suicidal wings. $ 12.00 dollars for a ten piece was kinda of steep considering i couldn't finish 1 wing of the suicidal. I could compare the heat to liquid lava pouring down my throat. Between the four of us we could only manage to eat a total of 3 1/2 wings out of ten. Way tooooo hot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">J the anchor bar was great - we ordered the 50 piece bucket with medium wing sauce and a single order of the suicidal wings. $ 12.00 dollars for a ten piece was kinda of steep considering i couldn't finish 1 wing of the suicidal. I could compare the heat to liquid lava pouring down my throat. Between the four of us we could only manage to eat a total of 3 1/2 wings out of ten. Way tooooo hot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh, they are called suicidal.
icon_wink.gif

I do see your point though, it kind of stupid to put something on the menu that is that hot. But then again, I hate when they say "hot" and it aint.

Another great local joint that just does wings is Duff's. They have about 7 grades of sauces and they are very specific about were each ranks. They have big signs that say "...medium is hot, medium hot is very hot...".

Back