overnight pork shoulder smoke-pics!

Greg

TVWBB Super Fan
i put them on at about 9 last night. i used a different john henry rub for each one. raspberry chipotle, cherry chipotle, apple, and maple sugar. using the MM, i buried some chunks of kiawe wood in the kingsford. about half way through, i put some chunks of cherry on. pics speak for themselves after i pulled them off this morning. my new acu-rite wireless themo worked perfectly!

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

Yum! The meat looks great!

Nice Pics! I like the middle one, I think I'll frame it and call it 'Morning Sun on Butt'
icon_smile.gif

The rubs sound tasty, was there one rub you liked more than the others?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn W:
The rubs sound tasty, was there one rub you liked more than the others? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks shawn,

i find all of john henry rubs to be amazing! i haven't found one that i didn't like!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill E.:
What are John Henry rubs?
Commercial rub or one that you can make yourselfe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They look AMAZING!! I'm also curious on the John Henry rubs. Thanks for the great view!

thanks guys!

john henry is a commercial rub that i have only found at bbq galore. i'm sure you could purchase them online as well. there hasn't been a john henry rub that i haven't liked, they are all great!

I agree with Greg about John Henry rubs. I use them a lot and love them, My favorites are the Apple, Cherry Chipolte, and Maple Sugar rubs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Chips:
Very nice pull there Greg. Looks competition quality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks tom, that is quite a compliment! i didn't hear any complaints as it was wolfed down either!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
i use the JH pecan rub a lot. i have not tried his butt rub, i hear it's too salty though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i haven't tried the JH butt rub either. if it's anything like byron's butt rub, i won't be a fan.

Back