Overnight full packer cut brisket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Solin

TVWBB Super Fan
Will be putting on a 11 pound full packer cut brisket tonight right after I get home from the Duck/Huskey bball game. Actually when the WSM gets to temp it will be close to 11:00pm. Have a brinkman water pan, will use some overpiced mesquite chunks that I got from home depot. Will use a full load of kingsford. Have already applied rub to the brisket, the WSM is ready to lightoff and water is in the pan. Will post tomorrow how this thing came out.

Duck

Husky!

Ducks have been pretty impressive this year. Still can't figure out how they lost to Cal and Washington, tho. Gotta figure big paybacks tonight.

Are affiliated with that smart looking, "ducked" out, Klose pit I've seen around?

Darren
UW '89

Yeh, son Ryan is the pit-master for the duck pit, I am just the banker. Figuring out how these WSM cookers work for possible use in cookoffs later in the season. Really like the idea of running these things overnight without having to reload fuel. Our Klose mobile works great at feeding 150 hungry duck fans but I need to turn out just one perfect brisket, one perfect shoulder, one perfect rack of bbacks and some perfect chicken. Practice makes perfect, I have a ways to go!

Well, if I ever make it to another game at Autzen, I'll try to make it over and say hi. Maybe you'll throw a poor dawg a bone. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Probably can't make the trip this year. I'll be lucky to make half the games in Seattle. I just love college football.

Darren

Great game, Freddy did a great closing act at Mac Court, Ducks go undefeated at home for 16 games straight. If they can beat SC on Thursday down there they have the Pac 10 title. Would be great for the Ducks to get both the Football and Basketball Title in same year.

Dogs will play this year at Autzen, we are having a hugh tailgater for that game, you are invited come on over if you come down. Tickets should be available since we are adding 12,000 seats this year.

Anyway, back to Q. Put the brisket on at 10:00pm, got up at 7:00am, filled water pan, polder said 191, thought I would take it to 195. Ran up to 198 real quick and I pulled it. Wrapped in foil, covered with towel and let sit for an hour. Ryan come over and we cut off the point and scrapped the remaining fat off. Sliced off a few pieces, a little dry maybe but good. Put a glaze of sauce in top and wrapped the whole flat in foil to heat latter. Will pull at 190 next time and see if it is better.

Talked with local butcher early this morning about getting some choice briskets and he said he will take care of us. He talked me into buying some St Louis ( we are confirmed bback cooks)
and trying them. These St Louis look much better than the previous attempts. Have them cooked low and slow now. Plan on 5-6 hours. Maybe I can figure these things out. Bbacks are so easy. But on the KC site a bunch of the good ol boys swear by St Louis over Bbacks so I figure there must be something to it. Oh well, one last try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back