over nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bond

TVWBB Member
I got a seven pound butt on around 9:00 pm and should be done around 11:00am tomorrow. I used some Dizzy Dust Swamp Vemom for the rub. I should have some pics for tomorrows post. Everyone have a good night and sleep tight.

Come again. I plan on pulling it and serving it on hamburger buns minus the cole slaw. Would that be a mix? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I have an all-nighter going again this weekend, too. A couple of butts on at the moment, with a couple slabs of spares and the trimmings to go on about 1 or 2 am. You know, I'm not really sure that this WSM will even RUN during the daylight hours! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time
(who would sign her posts as "Smokin' in the Dark" if there wasn't already a team by that name)

I have another 8.5 lb picnic smokin' away, will put the ribs on in the morn'. Temps all settled in, time ta catch some shut eye.

Now this must be one of the most stubborn butts I've ever run across. The smaller one is cooperating pretty well - 13 hours or so, and it's at about 186. The OTHER beast though, was at 172 around 12:30 am, dropped back to 168, and has FINALLY (as of 6:30 am - SIX HOURS in the zone) made it to 172. We're going in the right direction, though - nice bark (tasty, too, I might add /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, and both butts are starting to come apart at the seams when lifted.

How's everyone else's all-nighters going?

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time (in the dark... again)

I started a brisket and a shoulder, both about 9 lbs, around 8 last night. The brisket just came off, the shoulder needs a little more time...

I'm doin an overnighter as well. 2x 7.5lb butts started at 11pm. ET-73 was set up but no alarms. Awoke at 7:30 to a top grate temp of 215. Top grate butt is 168 while the bottom is 162.

ONLY about 30 more degrees to go!!!

I knew this was not going to be smooth when I decided to use lump instead of Kingsford. I woke up around 3:00am and found the temp had droped to 175* in the smoker and vents needed to be adjusted. Temps went back up and back to bed. Woke again at 6:00 and the temps were low again and more charcoal was needed. I'm going to use Kingsford for my next all nighter. Pictures to follow as soon as I pull.

I did use lump for a few smokes in the beginning and even though I love hanging around the "bullet" checking temps, vents, and such, it is way too unpredictable and not worth the hassel. No consistency at all, more eratic than the stock market. Only Kingsford and/or Royal oak for me now.

Here is the recap. 7.5 LB pork butt and finished in 16 hours. The final product turned out great. I pulled the butt at 190* and foiled for 1 hour before I pulled. I stripped the bark off and chopped into small pieces and will sprinkle on the meat later. The Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom really adds favor to the bark.
Cnv0091.jpg

Cnv0092.jpg

Cnv0094.jpg

Cnv0097.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back