Over Done New York Strip, Daughter loved it OH NO!!!

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Did a little half pound New York Strip with a bunch of other food last night. Went 2 mins on the one side, 1 min on the other. That was a little too long, but still had just a touch of pink! My daughter (who is the only other beef eater in the house) really liked the doneness on this guy, Oh NO!!!!!
IMG_20200915_210050.jpgIMG_20200915_210058.jpgIMG_20200915_210106.jpgIMG_20200915_210113.jpgIMG_20200915_210126.jpg

Just when I think I'm in the zone on my steak cooking I'll blow one. That's a very nicely marbled strip though, and it can probably handle it.

Did a little half pound New York Strip with a bunch of other food last night. Went 2 mins on the one side, 1 min on the other. That was a little too long, but still had just a touch of pink! My daughter (who is the only other beef eater in the house) really liked the doneness on this guy, Oh NO!!!!!
View attachment 14179View attachment 14180View attachment 14181View attachment 14182View attachment 14183
You're lucky your daughter isn't a picky eater yet 😊 Sometimes I feel like I'm cooking for a houseful of food critiques. My 16 year old son watches Babish and other great cooks on Youtube then offer's "suggestions" during dinner and drives me bonkers! I'm trying to get him to grill with me but prying him away from video games is a chore.

I like my steaks rare but that one's still OK, Michael!

I had a similar experience with 2 t-bones and 2 porterhouses while on vacation this year...🤬

Last edited:
Just when I think I'm in the zone on my steak cooking I'll blow one. That's a very nicely marbled strip though, and it can probably handle it.
Yeah, the marbling was great and it really was still really good eats. I gave my daughter half and I took half, but then after I took that photo we swapped, I gave her the more done edges and I got the more pink middle. I was hitting my steak cooks on the dot for a while and now my first attempt at tri tip was under and this was a little over as my last two cooks. I got a really nice Rib Eye it the freezer that I will have to cook here soon to try to back to nailing it.

Back