Original Joe's Hamburger Sandwich Clone

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Is a hamburger a sandwich? At Original Joe's in San Jose, it's called a "hamburger sandwich". Or at least it used to be. Read my blog post about the famous Original Joe's hamburger sandwich and my attempt to make my own on the Weber gas grill. https://virtualwebergasgrill.com/2020/02/original-joes-hamburger-sandwich/

Special thanks to John D. @forksandtrails on IG and FB for sharing one of his restaurant hamburger photos featured in my blog post. (Not the photo here, John’s is much better!)

7g6UMk8.png

That looks really good Chris. No way could I eat 3/4 LB. of hamburger sandwich, but I would sure give it a try.

I don't care what the heck you call it, that looks absolutely delicious to me. Personally, I'd call it a burger, it's earned it's stripes. ;)

I drive by OJs all the time for work but rarely eat there. Next time I'm in downtown San Jose and getting food, I will try my hardest to say no to La Victoria and try the OJ hamburger sandwich. Thanks Chris for the write-up!

I drive by OJs all the time for work but rarely eat there. Next time I'm in downtown San Jose and getting food, I will try my hardest to say no to La Victoria and try the OJ hamburger sandwich. Thanks Chris for the write-up!

They're no longer open for lunch on weekdays. :( Hours are 4PM to Midnight Monday - Friday, 11AM to Midnight Saturday - Sunday.

Wow! Haven't been to OJ's in over 40 yrs, used to go their with my wife when i was stationed at NAS.Moffett Field. Is it still in the original location?

That sure does look delicious Chris. A little more then I can eat in the size of patty but would give it a try for sure.

Back