Options to resurface or replace the Weber Performer Grill table

Shelly J

Good morning,

I have always kept my Performer grilled covered, however, the black coating on the side table is bubbling and rusting. The replacement table is over $150. Anyone ever have this problem and have an alternative fix?

Thanks,

SJmilw

Attachments

• web1.jpg
    web1.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 28
  • web2.jpg
    web2.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 28
Good morning,

I have always kept my Performer grilled covered, however, the black coating on the side table is bubbling and rusting. The replacement table is over $150. Anyone ever have this problem and have an alternative fix?

Thanks,

SJmilw
How old is it? Might be under warranty.

Must have taken a lot of heat to do that never seen that before and I have the metal table. You could strip or and and paint but the rattle can is most likely not gonna hold up on that surface with pans or whatever sliding on it. The wood looks beautiful no doubt with 3 or 4 coats of spar when your done it should hold up pretty well especially if its covered.

Must have taken a lot of heat to do that never seen that before and I have the metal table. You could strip or and and paint but the rattle can is most likely not gonna hold up on that surface with pans or whatever sliding on it. The wood looks beautiful no doubt with 3 or 4 coats of spar when your done it should hold up pretty well especially if its covered.
It has always been covered with a cover or a canopy. Live in Wisconsin so we do have weather issues.

Shell

My suggestion would apply to any outdoor metal painted surface. I don't think anything changes simply because it is a grill. Steel needs to be kept coated or else it will rust. First, preserve as much of the original paint as you can because it is likely better a better coating than you could achieve. Then sand down the rusty spots only, and prime and paint with Rustoleum (or similar) rattle cans. Not showroom quality, but quick and effective.

I've touched up so much stuff this summer that I lost track - a snowblower for my dad, a walk behind leaf blower, a riding mower deck and parts, some lawn chairs, a weight bench, some tool boxes, some Weber grills, a generator frame, windshield wipers, a Flexible Flier sled, a bunch of bicycle frames. Quick paint touch up does miracles.

Shelly, have a friend who owns a garage epoxy company. I did a performer for him that he brought to me the table was plastic cracked like almost all of them are and this is what he did with it. I assume you could also do this over metal and it would be bullet proof even in your climate. Maybe their is a company like this in your area that could do that no idea what the cost would be its just another idea.

Yep, call Weber first. If they wont help, I would use rustolium but not a spray can. Use a small can of paint and a small roller. Much more even and textured coats. Good luck!

Back