Opinions on one touch platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, I have the new one, with the two thermoset side tables. I like it because it is sturdy. I dislike it because those two side tables do not hold very much. If I place my weber grill gloves on them and maybe two sets of tongs on the other side that is it. I find it difficult to place a dish or serving platter on them as well. I usually have a separate side table that I purchased at Kmart for any dishes or prepped meat that I am going to grill. I also have the Performer, the newer one with the thermoset table, not the stainless steel table. If you are trying to decide between the two, go with the Performer the table is large enough to hold your favorite beverage
icon_smile.gif
your prepped grilling foods and an empty plate.Check them both out at a store and you will see what I mean.Having one larger surface to me is much better than two small side tables. Hope this helps.

Andy,
The old OTP was much like the Performer, but had a lower table and no gas lighter for charcoal.
I agree 100% with Regina about the Performer, and how nice it is.

I have an old one. Were I to buy new today, I would spend the extra $$$ and get a Performer. I think the single larger work surface would be much more useful. I also might go for gas assist. Propane is the lazy bum's way to light charcoal.
icon_biggrin.gif

Were I to buy today, I'd probably look for an older Performer with the stainless table.

Thanks for the info. I already bought the OTP because I liked the side tables and the sturdier cart than the OTG I looked at performers but around here I could only find them with propane assist and they were nearly $190 more than the OTP.I do BBQ right beside my outside table or my tailgate so I just wanted a little extra space. I also liked the slide away lid at the back.I hope I made the right decision. So far I like it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Beers:
Thanks for the info. I already bought the OTP because I liked the side tables and the sturdier cart than the OTG I looked at performers but around here I could only find them with propane assist and they were nearly $190 more than the OTP.I do BBQ right beside my outside table or my tailgate so I just wanted a little extra space. I also liked the slide away lid at the back.I hope I made the right decision. So far I like it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I got mine, too. Particularly for the slide-back lid. Otherwise, I would just get an OTG.

That last time I looked at a platinum, the lid did not have a handle on top, only on the front side. I thought it might be awkward to remove the lid.

You will be fine Andy. I do like that the lid slides backwards. You will not be disappointed overall, it is very sturdy. And hey!it's a Weber!! You can never go wrong with that!!!

Andy,

I was debating the Platinum (the best looking grill out there) and the Performer. Regina talked my into the Performer, and I'm glad she did. One big table is better than two small tables, and the ignition is a nicer feature than I though it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back