Opening up orifice size on NG Genesis II

omg before the mod im already going on a shopping spree.....
A local bbq shop is closing business so I get brand new 2 pieces of stainless grate, rotisserie for the 4 burner, weber 21" triangle brush and a pack of the drip pans for CAD$155......
Reason I am getting 2 pieces of the grate is because im making a griddle on one side. Ordered 1/4" hot rolled steel from metal supermarket for CAD$27.
This grill is going to be fun.....

If you're serious about rotisserie cooking and want real quality rotisserie food you will be disappointed on this. Without a rear infrared burner or some type of burner running the length of the grill all that cooks is the ends. You could turn on the middle burners to help but then what's the point of the spit?

If you're serious about rotisserie cooking and want real quality rotisserie food you will be disappointed on this. Without a rear infrared burner or some type of burner running the length of the grill all that cooks is the ends. You could turn on the middle burners to help but then what's the point of the spit?
Thanks for your advice and I am well aware of the short coming of the N-S burner config in rotisserie. I plan on using it like a donair/schwarma kind of food, where you actually use high heat to quickly sear the outside and shave it off for serving. I just hope that the turning speed of the motor is not too fast LOL, or else I will have to figure out some reduction gearing for it.

If I do a normal rotisserie, I am thinking may be I will use the middle burner with a water pan underneath? do you think that would work in your experience? (just imagining right now, have never tried)

Tom, I would think that would help. It should deflect direct heat and spread it out some. But, I would make sure it defelects the heat beyond the ends of the meat being cooked or you will simply burn the ends before the middle gets done.

I tried that with my Summit when I bought it. The poor performance of NS burners is why I did not get rid of my Genesis when I bought the Summit

Thanks! This will definitely be a trial for me. Time to experiment with lots of chicken and duck..... may be chicken first as ducks are expensive LOL

finally done cleaning and hooked up the grill. I am really not sure how so many people cannot get the temperature up but I got it up to 600F in around 10-15 minutes.
Seasoned the steel plate and grate
Doing first smoke today (maple smoked wings) and see how it turns out
I hope there is some steak on sale next week so I can test that out XD

Back