Oops. I should have set a timer...

I set an alarm so I do not forget. But I do.

Saturday's extra thick bunch. Luckily people help me remember I am doing something.

Attachments

• 20210815_135628.jpg
    20210815_135628.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 10
Been there, Dan, and have ruined an aluminum pot or two! I switched over to my Instant Pot for stocks. They aren't as clear as if you hover over the pot on the stove and skim like your life depends on it, but then again, I'm not making consommé or aspic, so I'm after flavor, not clarity.

Sorry about your lost batch......that's a bummer!

R

Yeah, it was a bummer. This was a really good stock. It was done, strained and chilled, but it sat in the garage fridge for a couple of days and I wanted to bring it back to a boil before freezing.

I thought about re-heating it inside, but it was a hot day with the AC on so I decided to keep the heat outside.

I totally forgot about it, and when I went out the smoke coming off of it was barely noticeable due to the really bad fire smoke we are having.

But, when I lifted the lid it was one of the worst smoke smells every.

I added some water and I'm hoping the pan will clean up. I might pressure wash it first :D

Thats a bummer for sure Dan, really good stock is wonderful to have around.

Everybody laughs at me when I set multiple timers cooking three or four different items on the bbq, gasser, stovetop and oven etc.
I just say how was dinner?........crickets....since they are all eating a great plate of food.

Back