OnlyFire burner tubes vs Weber

FYI, the thermostat is $6.25 each from Weber. $7 flat rate shipping, so if you have anything else to order, it's a good idea to stock up.

Back to the aftermarket burners... I must have been fortunate but I have yet to come across a busted burner tube, even the grills I've picked up strictly as donors have had intact burnerst. I probably have at least 3 sets of spare Weber burners and crossover tubes (I have come across a busted crossover tube, however).

Brian: Yah, I will probably get a Prime membership. I hate having to wait to order until I need $45 worth of stuff to get the free shipping. Even then, they seem to wait a couple days before they even package up the stuff and load it on the camel. A week or more is common. I think they do it to punish you.

I would like the video content as well, but I have crappy internet access where I live and when my daughter streams netflix here, it usually buffers too much.

Jkim: The reason the tube was cracked is because it was bent when I got it with the grill. Not a lot, but still curved. I tried to force it back into shape and it cracked length wise. It still worked. It did not leak, but I figured for $13, it was a no brainer to just replace the set. Also, I did just make an order with Weber and wish I had thought to add in the thermometer. Oh well. Next time I will get it. Thanks for the reminder.

FYI, the thermostat is $6.25 each from Weber. $7 flat rate shipping, so if you have anything else to order, it's a good idea to stock up.

Back to the aftermarket burners... I must have been fortunate but I have yet to come across a busted burner tube, even the grills I've picked up strictly as donors have had intact burnerst. I probably have at least 3 sets of spare Weber burners and crossover tubes (I have come across a busted crossover tube, however).

Jkim thats a good point on buying from Weber as I said I had an order with the burner tubes, thermo and some stuff for my daughter but it looks like they get you one way or the other since if you had enough stuff to order from Weber its a good deal to order from them as their prices are better. My thermo was stuck at 550 so I had no choice but to replace it.

Sorry for digging up that old post. Looks like the Hongso Burners as replacement for the Weber #7506 are no longer available. Does anyone have experience with the Onlyfire versions? The amazon reviews are kind of mixed. People seem to complain about flames at the cross over bar connection.
$27 for the Onlyfire burners for Prime members and $55 for the Weber burners. BBQ guys have the Weber for $50 with free shipping.
Wonder if around $25 savings is worth the risk.

Sorry for digging up that old post. Looks like the Hongso Burners as replacement for the Weber #7506 are no longer available. Does anyone have experience with the Onlyfire versions? The amazon reviews are kind of mixed. People seem to complain about flames at the cross over bar connection.
$27 for the Onlyfire burners for Prime members and $55 for the Weber burners. BBQ guys have the Weber for $50 with free shipping.
Wonder if around $25 savings is worth the risk.

I bought a set of Onlyfire burners last August for my keeper Genesis 1000, and they looked good and worked well.. but then came across another Genesis 1000 that had recently installed new Weber burners, so I ended up putting the Weber burners in my keeper 1000 and then the Onlyfire burners were installed in a grill I sold back in October.

Believe it or not, the owner of the grill still keeps tabs on my newly listed Weber grills I rehab and sell (I prefer to sell on facebook) and has hit the "like" button on my ads several times. I've asked him how his grill has been working, and he says it has been wonderful.

So...it has passed the 9-month test.

Last edited:
I have Honsgo in mine. They were $14 last summer when I bought them on Amazon. Like you said, they are "unavalable" now. But, I have bought a lot of aftermarket parts for my rehab grills, and one thing I have noticed is that the majority of them are all the exact same product, but are being sold under different names. I think you will be fine with Onlyfire burners.

I recently installed the onlyfire burners in my 1000. The crossburner connection is too loose, and ignited gas doesn't effectively flow from the front burner to the middle and rear burners.

I would make sure the cross over tube is not too far into either the back or front tube. If it is, it might be up against the other side of the tube, reducing flow into the crossover tube.

I would make sure the cross over tube is not too far into either the back or front tube. If it is, it might be up against the other side of the tube, reducing flow into the crossover tube.

Unfortunately that isn't the issue. There's a large amount of flame exiting from the gaps in the connection between the front burner tube and the side burner tube.

Maybe some of that ultra high heat jb weld to seal them up. Yes, it will take the heat. I used it to seal a hold in my Fire box.

That does not happen only in non oem burners. When I put the new crossover tubes (OEM) in my Summit I noticed the same thing

That does not happen only in non oem burners. When I put the new crossover tubes (OEM) in my Summit I noticed the same thing

Did you get a replacement, fix with JB Weld, or use as is? Long matches or long lighter will light the middle and rear burners. With enough gas buildup, the middle and rear burners eventually ignite, but that is dangerous.

Mine works just fine but you do see a little "flare" where the crossover goes into the main burner but it never caused me any issues

Back