Onlyfire 13 bar flavorizer sets in stainless steel, $14 at Amazon

Thats such a good deal I'm thinking about getting a set for my B and finding some other use for the eight shortys....
Sure, I'd have to cut them down, but it would still be worth it.

Edit --- has anyone ever tried 13 bars in a B/C? It looks like the 'V' is the same width (only 0.2" thinner - not that big of a deal) but shorter in height..... 1.4 vs 2.3" . Would both sets fit in a B if lengths were right?

Last edited:
Thats such a good deal I'm thinking about getting a set for my B and finding some other use for the eight shortys....
Sure, I'd have to cut them down, but it would still be worth it.

Edit --- has anyone ever tried 13 bars in a B/C? It looks like the 'V' is the same width but shorter in height..... Would both sets fit in a B if lengths were right?
You're right, the 13 bar flavorizer bars are shorter in height than the ones for a Silver B, the taller height of the Silver bars is supposed to make up for losing those other 8 bars. In other words, I don't think a set for a Genesis 1000 would work as well in your grill, even cut down to the right size. Besides, aftermarket flavorizer bars for Silver B and C grills are pretty cheap to begin with so it's probably not worth the effort to save a couple bucks.

I haven't seen any B flavor bars THAT cheap..... and besides - I 'could' use a new igniter button for my spirit 2 burner that would get me the 40% off..... bars and a button for $12.50....?...? I'm twitching..... its almost worth trying at that price.

I haven't seen any B flavor bars THAT cheap..... and besides - I 'could' use a new igniter button for my spirit 2 burner that would get me the 40% off..... bars and a button for $12.50....?...? I'm twitching..... its almost worth trying at that price.
If you get them and they don't look like they will work for you I'll buy them from you but not after you cut them.😂

I tell you what --- if you want to buy two sets - I'll buy one off you when you get back to the wet side.....
(its 56 degrees and drizzling.... I've got a flannel shirt on right now)
I already have a pile of parts showing up while I'm gone that I'll have to explain to the Mrs when we return 😂 I don't really need them right now but if you wanted to get 2 sets I'd be happy to buy a set off you or maybe I could buy them and have them sent to your house lol.

Quite warm here in Arizona but I love it

It's your grill, go for it!

It's your grill, go for it!
I'm really tempted.....
Can someone do me a huge favor and measure the distance between the (lowest) flavor bar ledge and the grate ledge on a B/C and a X000 cook boxes and post up please? I'd like to know what the difference is and maybe that would give me the push to pull the trigger......

I'm already contemplating drilling holes in the two long bars that don't cover burners and dropping some small screws into them to locate the short bars to keep them from sliding around.....

I can get the measurement off my B (once it warms up and dries out :) ) --- but I'll need the measurement from an X000.
I figured Jon/Bruce/Dan could just walk out the door and have both right there......

Yes.
Two 1.4" bars >> 2.8" is only 1/2" taller than the single 2.3" single ---- I'm pretty certain there is more than enough clearance beneath the grate to accommodate it...... It won't be the 'same' as a true 13 bar unit, but close enough for me.

Back