OneGrill Heavy Duty Motor

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
I recently purchased the Cajun Bandit Battery Operated Rotisserie Kit with thoughts of now purchasing the OneGrill Heavy Duty(HD) Rotisserie Motor that costs around $150. Why you may ask; thinking of spinning a 20lb turkey on the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday.

I will appreciate hearing pro/con comments from those that have purchased this Rotisserie HD Motor.

That motor came with my rotisserie from OneGrill and I love it. I usually spin 17/18 lb with no problem. I even had a fork come loose and it was jammed for awhile and it did no damage to the motor at all. That price seems high but maybe it is because you are in Costa Rica. They do have sales from time to time on their website.

I am on the fence about getting the DC motor, I don’t have an issue with power availability so, it’s not a big thing but, I like the idea of NOT having an extension running across the party space! I’m laying the groundwork for the 10’x 16’ deck and will be able to have some boxes installed in “convenient” places so, I’m really interested in what the consensus on the DC units really is.
Thanks in advance.

Richard Garcia, I was just looking at the one grill website. It lists three battery operated motors and all of them have a 25lb capacity. That should be plenty good enough for a 20lb bird, especially if you attach the counter weight to balance it out.

Are you looking at getting the 13 watt 50lb model or the 27 watt 85lb model?

I have the 13 watt 50lb model. It seems like it could spin a tank. The US price is $54.99. Perhaps a relative or friend could buy it and ship it to you?

Edited to specify which Rich.

Last edited:
Richard, I was just looking at the one grill website. It lists three battery operated motors and all of them have a 25lb capacity. That should be plenty good enough for a 20lb bird, especially if you attach the counter weight to balance it out.

Are you looking at getting the 13 watt 50lb model or the 27 watt 85lb model?

I have the 13 watt 50lb model. It seems like it could spin a tank. The US price is $54.99. Perhaps a relative or friend could buy it and ship it to you?
Oh, I did not know they made a 85 lb model. Mine is the 50 lb one. Sorry!

Thanx for the replies and my original thinking was
No, I'm sorry, I failed to notice there are two Richards in the thread! I was responding to Richard Garcia.

BTW, that 27 watt model is a monster. I think it's for roasting whole pigs or something like that.
https://www.onegrill.com/Heavy_Duty_Electric_Rotisserie_Spit_Rod_Motor_p/4pm08.htm
Yep, this is the one that I was somewhat interested and thanx to you experienced and knowledgeable grillers I now think it is overkill on my part and will stick with my battery operated with AC Adaptor motor. Thanx to all that replied on this subject.

Last edited:

Back