One of Those Days

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Pammi Sue and I were watching Cooks Country the other day,and we both wanted to try the Cornell chicken and Syracuse salt taters.
So I go to the store,get some bone in ginormous breasts and some taters. The brining went well,and I was all set to get a picture of those beauties on the Gennie when Mother Nature stepped in! It started pouring rain like crazy! Luckily,the back door is two steps from the grill so I was able to get the chicken and zukes in without them getting too water logged! And we dug in before I got a pic.
icon_frown.gif

What an awesome meal! Juicy and very nice. And the taters were amazing! Yet another recipe that everyone said to do again!

It's that time of year that we have to deal with the rain. Seems it always comes when I'm getting ready to cook. Glad it turned out so good.

I wish we would get some rain around here. This is the sweet corn capital of the midwest but we are going to lose half of it to the drought!

I live in SW Ohio and drove over to Indiana a ways and they are at least as bad off as we are.

I would welcome a rain interruption of a cook about this time.
icon_frown.gif

I guess the truth of the matter is we are never satisfied
icon_biggrin.gif

At any rate, glad you liked your Cornell chicken and salt taters. I'm also a fan of American Test Kitchen and Cook's Country. They have never steered me wrong.

Out hats off to you for not being intimidated by the rain!

Dale53

Back