One more silicone muffin cup trick

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
I like poached eggs and can make them
Pretty consistently just in water. I’ve seen silicone egg pods recently popping up all over for poaching eggs so I thought why not use the silicone muffin cups for this since I already have them and they were way cheaper than the pods things being sold. So here ya go.

I tried this with and without spraying or oiling the cup. I’d recommend either spraying with Paof brushing the inside with the oil of your choice.
What you’ll need is pan with a lid and your oiled muffin cups. You don’t need too much water in the pan or pot. Enough to not go dry during the cook time.
Bring water to boil. Reduce to simmer. Crack and egg into your oiled muffin cup. Season if you like. Carefully place in water. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes. The egg in the photos was cooked for 6 minutes. Carefully remove. I used the masher in the photo to in and take it out.
You can do as many eggs as your pan or pot will fit.
34C0170E-B2D7-4E17-A2AD-032CD702E37E.jpeg

98E7EFA8-A443-412B-977C-210855FE4796.jpeg

CE337A80-FE8C-46EB-A58C-ADF67EC2A40B.jpeg

7F160A89-8F29-459D-A24F-5592B9B03837.jpeg

BEA1B3D0-8F22-4DCE-8D00-EE65D66C5451.jpeg

EB3B47D5-D81C-48CF-8435-B28C5E4D7F68.jpeg

I have two styles of poacher one the old fashioned steel cups with a retaining plate (when I do 6 that’s fine) but, for the most part I’m doing two or three I use a silicone cup too. My grand son loves poached eggs and toast. He has had two eggs with two slices of struan toast (cut into batons for ease of dipping) every time we are together since he was maybe 6, he cracks me up!

Pretty slick Case, I haven't had a poached egg in over 50 years now I've got an excuse to try them again.
That is after I wear out my silicone cups making stuff out of this book I picked up at a yard sale Friday.
Lots of good things in there.

101_5953.JPG

Pretty slick Case, I haven't had a poached egg in over 50 years now I've got an excuse to try them again.
That is after I wear out my silicone cups making stuff out of this book I picked up at a yard sale Friday.
Lots of good things in there.

View attachment 17841
This could be 1002, 😂 that’s a lot of muffins! I’d like to see the biscuits mentioned in the cover.

This could be 1002, 😂 that’s a lot of muffins! I’d like to see the biscuits mentioned in the cover.
As soon as I can pry it out of Barbs hands I'll see what kind of biscuits it has and anything interesting I'll shoot you the recipe.

Back