One man’s junk…

ShawnM

This is probably my 4th rehab and so far my favorite. There is always those few grills that make them special. Some color codes, rare special series, short lived series etc. For this one it’s the black handle and black knobs with the extra side shelf on the right. Most of the 2005 Silver B’s I’ve seen had grey handles and knobs and only one extension table, so to find this one in as great of condition as it was, was kinda cool. For $50 how could I not.
Frame had almost zero rust anywhere but a few bubbles under the paint but nothing structural. OG owner kept it covered on his back patio and for the past 5 years in his garage under a pile of crap after he got a new one and never sold this one. He decided to sell it to clear space. He said he bought it at ACE hardware in 2005 as you see it. He even had the original Weber paperwork package with complete warranty information, owners manual and a few other items in the large envelope to go with it.
Took her home and used a little elbow grease, a little high heat caliper paint on the sides and box, Frame didn’t need a complete repaint just scraped the bubbles, small spray of gloss black paint and she turned out great. some new burners and grates (new wheels on order) and she as good as new to me. Pretty sure I can get another 19 years out of her.

NOW LET ME SEE YOUR JUNK FINDS!!

Attachments

• IMG_2172.jpeg
    IMG_2172.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2174.jpeg
    IMG_2174.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
@ShawnM, I had one exactly like yours that I also bought on sale at an Ace Hardware in Florida as the new model was being rolled out. It is one of my favorite Webers as it kept the original setup but with a more modern look (not that I don't also love the old wood slat Genesis grills!). I really like those fold-out tables. That model gives you a lot of easy to clean working space in a relatively small footprint.

Enjoy!

@ShawnM, I had one exactly like yours that I also bought on sale at an Ace Hardware in Florida as the new model was being rolled out. It is one of my favorite Webers as it kept the original setup but with a more modern look (not that I don't also love the old wood slat Genesis grills!). I really like those fold-out tables. That model gives you a lot of easy to clean working space in a relatively small footprint.

Enjoy!
Jon, at first I thought it could have been yours! Not sure what part of Fl Shawn is from. Perhaps not after reading further

Jon, at first I thought it could have been yours! Not sure what part of Fl Shawn is from. Perhaps not after reading further
No, mine was given away years ago and passed on then to someone else. It pretty much disintegrated, and when I left Florida I took just a few salvageable parts. Florida's salt air and humidity were not kind to the subsequent owners.

I forgot to say that after it went to ruin, the second person who owned it after I gave it as a gift to his son in law, was throwing it away and gave the parts to me.

It was a fun story of how I restored it and made it a Christmas gift years ago.

Back