One Last HOORAH for the Summer

Jeff S

TVWBB Pro
With Summer officially ending Saturday and temps in my area projected to hit 90*, I am going to have one last cookout before closing the pool. I would like to do an overnight smoke tonight. I may do a butt, but I am getting a little burnt out on butts. I have never done a brisket. Should I just make it easy on myself and throw some chickens on the kettle tomorrow?

Jeff,

Take the leap and go for it! For me a brisket is real similiar to a butt as for as cooking temps and time. If you can do a butt you can do a brisket. I normally cook the flats only which Wal-mart carries and have done a brikset on the bottom with 2 butts on top many times. Turns out great everytime. Then the chicken on the kettle can be lunch tomorrow while the brikset finishes and is holding. While your at it throw a fattie on with the chicken for snacks.

Randy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff S:
I have never done a brisket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well that makes it clear to me what you should do!!

Go for it
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I say go for it. Overnight Briskets are not really any tougher than butts. I actually do more Briskets that I have done Butts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randy P.:
Jeff,

Take the leap and go for it! For me a brisket is real similiar to a butt as for as cooking temps and time. If you can do a butt you can do a brisket. I normally cook the flats only which Wal-mart carries and have done a brikset on the bottom with 2 butts on top many times. Turns out great everytime. Then the chicken on the kettle can be lunch tomorrow while the brikset finishes and is holding. While your at it throw a fattie on with the chicken for snacks.

Randy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly is a fatty and how do you make them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff S:
What exactly is a fatty and how do you make them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click Me

A "fatty is a 1 pound mini "chub" of breakfast sausage like Jimmy Deans.

Do a search on the site and you will find some great ideas for a fatty!

What a perfect smoking day! I did a high temp smoke and everything was perfect. I relly got into it today. Wish I had taken some pictures, but I was far too busy! This is what I ended up with in 6 hours:
* 1 4lb brisket
* 1 fattie
* 1 pork tenderloin
* 2 6lb chicken
* 1 killer pan of mac and cheese

What a great time!

Back