One grill Two slabs three burner

Tony Coloma

TVWBB Pro
Two slabs of baby backs.
On the gasser.
Hmmm.
Start, one hour in, switch to middle.
250 on the dial, 275 on the instant placed above the right side through the rotisserie holes.
Foil packets are ready to change out. They were on the flavorizer bar.
Temp creeping a but too high with both on low. Uh oh. No solution.

Attachments

• 20240712_135618.jpg
    20240712_135618.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240712_144443.jpg
    20240712_144443.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240712_144942.jpg
    20240712_144942.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 4
A big reason why many of us love(d) our E/W sidewinders. Though this was something I could pull off well on the Wolf or on the Summit (Jon now has). Spacing and distribution is key to results.
Ooh. I did not think of this, use center burner and place ribs on outer.
Of course the down side is heat distribution. Overall temp will be fine with one burner, but the slabs will be hot and cold.

Last edited:
I did similar with 3 racks on an old Genesis with the East-West burners, but a long time ago. I lit the front and back burners and stacked the ribs in the center. Every 45' or so I would rotate the stack. This was quite some time ago so I don't remember exactly how they turned out, but I do remember being happy with the results.

Tony, they look killer. I've done ribs on my gasser. If you really wanted to bring down the temp a bit, you could add a small pan of water. But based on your results, I wouldn't change anything. Great looking ribs.

Thanks! It worked. Where could I put the water, or pan.
One issue, the more successful, the more demanding they are. Swmbo and the other swmbo.
I will try to figure out how to do more ribs. Prefer beef ribs, but those are simpler. Need to perfect another "what's for dinner" choice.
I wonder if a rack would have been better

If doing a single rack of bones, I prefer them flat on the grates. If multiple (anything more than one), a rib rack is a killer tool. Helps immensely on small grills like a Genesis that are not meant for L&S. On the Wolf it's another story because of it's immense amount of real estate to work with, and the easy to use spacing of the burners.
So much easier to do ribs (all kinds) in a proper cooker. Tony you need a Searwood (or some other quality pellet smoker). Ease and convenience of gas, EZ to clean up, remarkable easy to achieve and repeatable results thanks to precise control.
Add one to your arsenal and I can almost guarantee you won't look back

I agree.
Add in brisketability, better pulled pork. The space to use drip pans or water pans. And the neighborhood committee will never leave. Well at least it will leave swido less time to complain.
Win-win.

Thanks! It worked. Where could I put the water, or pan.
One issue, the more successful, the more demanding they are. Swmbo and the other swmbo.
I will try to figure out how to do more ribs. Prefer beef ribs, but those are simpler. Need to perfect another "what's for dinner" choice.
I wonder if a rack would have been better

I use this small hotel pan. Takes up almost zero real estate. Sometimes I'll half-fill with sand instead of water. Or I'll lay to foil-wrapped fire bricks on the grates. Tbh I haven't done them on my gasser in a while. Yours look kick*** anyway.

Screenshot_20240715-161408_Chrome.jpg

Back