? on your fav grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Bradford

TVWBB Member
hey all just a > on your favorite grill you own '
Rank your top three and why

1. SJ oldie 3 wheeler just me and the wife great for small jobs and can even indirect cook.

2. SJP little bigger and no mess out of bottom

3. SJ gold smoker conversion works great and easy to hold temps.

thats just about impossible.
3 wheeler kettle
sjs
q220 gasser
but this is only if i could own three.
otherwise they are all my favorite, especially the one i'm using at that particular moment.

These are 3 of my favorites in this order,

1. 22.5 Red One Touch (EO 1995) I scored it off Craigslist about 2 years ago from a guy who lived about a mile away from me. I replaced the rotted wood handles with newer wood handles, added a "gold" ash pan, lots of '0000' steel wool from years of oxidation and not being covered, and more recently, got a new leg/wheel kit. Now it looks across between a MasterTouch and a OTG. This is my main griller.

2. 18.5 Red Bar-B-Q-Kettle (Not patent, no date code) From circa 1968. Has thumbscrews, daisy wheels, original twist ash pan. This was Grandpa's kettle, I bring her out occasionally when I'm feeling old school or just need a smaller cooking area, Or just to look at and grill with. I love watching this classic kettle transform from fire engine red to a plum purple as it heats up. My 22.5 doesnt get quite as dark when heated.

3. Smokey Joe Red with a Budweiser logo (EI 1997) It is the one and only new grill I own. I have yet to cook with it. Its bright fire engine red. Some people poo-poo the logo Webers, but I was more after the color. Plus, Bud isn't a bad brand.

Since I only own three, I will put them in order of "favoriteness".

1. Green SS Performer. EE-1999. Just got this from CL a little over a week ago. Always wanted one since I saw a friend cook leg quarters on his back in the mid 90's. Could not afford $379 (at the time) for a charcoal grill, but I wanted one regardless. I love this grill!

2. 2009-DE OTG. Sentimental favorite. My girls got me this grill for Father's Day, 2009 and it will always be my go-to grill.

3. 2008-DZ 18.5 WSM. Third place only because I can do more with the OTG. I've had this one for a little more than a year, and it was another local CL score. Runs like a champ, maintaining temps for hours with very little adjustment. I think the WSM could make an old tire taste good.

1. Black Performer DO (05) that is my go to grill with Weber Gourmet Sear system
2. Green EO (95) Master Touch that is just cool to look at and cook off or. I like it better than my redhead EE MT... is that wrong?
3. Jumbo Joe. Everytime I take it somewhere I think someone is going to try to steal it. If Weber really was listening what people say... they'd be making these again in a heartbeat!

A question for which there is no answer...

Having a variety means that it's a lot easier for me to tailor the grill selection to the type of cook, so at that moment that particular Weber is my favorite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corey Elks:
1. stainless performer cl
2. red master touch cl
3. 18 inch wsm cl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My order is exactly as your Corey...when I want to go retro...I fire up the Sequoia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back