Older Weber Genesis Half Cover

Joshua O

I recently found myself fixing up and flipping older Genesis grills and I got one that came with a Weber branded cover. Fits the silver B grills I have, but too small for the Silver C I am fixing up to keep for myself.

I did a few searches trying to get info on it, but couldn't find anything; it is a much, much more durable cover than what is out now.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HflDiWG

Last edited:
Joshua,
Weber made both 1/2 covers and full covers in a "rubberized" heavy duty cover that is much more durable than the nylon cover they offer now.
I search them out for my older Weber's as I have gotten over 10 years out of mine outside in the New England weather 24/7.

Jeff

That might not be a bad idea. The biggest problem with covers is that they trap condesation in them. It has been really bad here this fall with warm sunny days and the cool damp nights. I uncover my grill at noon and there are literally puddles on top of the grill lid and on the control panel and we didn't even have any rain. That can't be good night after night.

Maybe those half covers will allow enough air flow to allow the condensation to evaporate much quicker or not even form at all.

Back