Old Westerner 26er...with Rotis Ring *****

I can hardly wait to go visit it at the Harbormaster's place.
From what I've gathered from Clark's posts is that he is a sensible, buy it cheap or reasonable, collector.
I'm thinking this one will go somewhere north of 3k.
But I'm far from being an expert on the subject.

I would prefer a ranch instead, but I'm probably stupid and don't understand the significant of the kettle. I would love the 26 rotis, but would it fit a new 26?

I would prefer a ranch instead, but I'm probably stupid and don't understand the significant of the kettle. I would love the 26 rotis, but would it fit a new 26?

The "value" (to some) is in the rarity. Weber charcoal grills are collector's items - the more rare the more collectable, hence higher prices. I've never seen a Weber charcoal grill at this price. It's in Mecum/Barrett-Jackson auction territory!

If Weber were to EVER re-introduce this grill - even in a limited production run, then the winner of this auction would be seriously upside down in his investment. Just ask anyone who paid hundreds for the "rare" Weber 1880, 14.5 WSM prior to it's re-introduction in the form of the 711001.

Personally that grill isn't worth a tenth the current price to me. I view grills strictly as utility items, but that's just me.

Last edited:
I am astounded. As much as I would love to have a grill like this, I could never see paying that kind of money for it. If I DID spend that much money, I could never see cooking on it.

eBay is great for so many things, but one thing I don't like is that bidding ends at a specific time. No chance to up the bidding. The winner posted his bid with 6 seconds left in the auction. Well, it is good for him and the seller sure got a great price.

I can hardly wait to go visit it at the Harbormaster's place.

Don't I wish! I was going to get in on the bidding, but there's just no room in the pit shed for another grill. [/sarc]

From what I've gathered from Clark's posts is that he is a sensible, buy it cheap or reasonable, collector.
Thanks Bob, and you are correct. I like to get really good deals on Webers that I may actually cook on one day. I'm more of a "save it from the landfill" collector.
The final price on that grill was about what I paid for the car I bought for my son to drive.
I sincerely hope it went to a good home.

Back