Old school steak grilling

PeteJackson

Usually will do the reverse sear method on 1.25" and above thickness when it comes to steak. That happens on my Good One Open Range cooker. However when I just need a quick steak and find the 1" versions at the local market the old school sear first method wins. For that the Weber Kettle is the champ!

Attachments

• web stk 1.jpg
    web stk 1.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 88
  • web stk 2.jpg
    web stk 2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 90
Pete,
Great looking steak! I am with you I love the reverse sear, but for the right cook. I made flap meat steaks last nice and did the standard sear also. I took the long piece and cut it into steaks. It was nice being able to have four steaks at all different temps when I pulled them. This also allowed me to make sure I got some at the low end of med-rare.

Last edited:
Usually will do the reverse sear method on 1.25" and above thickness when it comes to steak. That happens on my Good One Open Range cooker. However when I just need a quick steak and find the 1" versions at the local market the old school sear first method wins. For that the Weber Kettle is the champ!
Nice steak Pete!

BTW yes that was one of my brand new old style Genesis stamped stainless grates I actually found another brand new set in my back garage so I felt safe using this one :D

That looks fantastic!

Back