Old School bbq roasted chicken halves

Those look absolutely terrific. They had some cryovac packaged chicken halves on sale at my local Costco, and I passed on them because my freezer is full. I kind of wish I had bought just one pack and cooked them up.

Those look absolutely terrific. They had some cryovac packaged chicken halves on sale at my local Costco, and I passed on them because my freezer is full. I kind of wish I had bought just one pack and cooked them up.
the costco "organic" or natural birds are good. i personally like these Bare brand ones better.

my issue is the large production cullers have awkward sized brids. the breasts are like 4x the size of normal and the meat can cook weirdly from my experiences.

i'll buy parts of the mass production birds as the leg quarters are normal in size and they taste okay.

if you're seeking flavor on your birds or bird pieces, i usually do a 5% alt brine in water for 8 hours or overnight. this has been a game changer on flavor and taste and the pieces retain a lot of moisture when grilling the, which makes for a tasty final protein.

I had considered the brine but, I was too disappointed to think about food last night and just had banana bread and coffee for breakfast. So, it’s getting dry brined, fully seasoned on the counter for an hour or so before it gets tossed on the indirect kettle while I make creamed spinach and some lovely jasmine rice! I doubt the two of us will eat more than one half so there will be a nice pile of lovely chicken for a pot pie later!

I had considered the brine but, I was too disappointed to think about food last night and just had banana bread and coffee for breakfast. So, it’s getting dry brined, fully seasoned on the counter for an hour or so before it gets tossed on the indirect kettle while I make creamed spinach and some lovely jasmine rice! I doubt the two of us will eat more than one half so there will be a nice pile of lovely chicken for a pot pie later!
countertop dry brine works well too. especially for an hour. i do add some extra salt on dry brine versus wet brine. do as you seek. i am sure your bird will be delicious.

you should be proud of the Lions. they achieved a lot for an up an coming team in just 3 seasons. note, the Niners have lost for the past 5 years. winning is hard in the NFL. it just is. Niners last SB win was 1995 if that's gives any reference. losing builds character.

Back