Old Genesis Gold B leaking

HaoL

I have an old Genesis Gold B that I last used a year ago.

Just connected it to LP tank, opened the tank valve and I hear loud hissing sound. Did the soap test and bubbles form around B in this picture.

Went out and bought another regulator and same thing happens.

What do you think is happening?

Thanks.

Attachments

• regulator.jpg
    regulator.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 6
Location B looks like a threaded junction between the regulator and the hose.
I would have tried tightening the hose, or bought a new hose if tightening didn't stop the leak.
Don't tighten so much that you crack the regulator.
Gerry

Last edited:
It's very uncommon but you may have just got a bad part. I was wondering if you had bought just the regulator or the entire thing because I was trying to figure out what the problem could be. Since it does seem you may have gotten a defective one I would try and return it, and order the one Bruce posted above. It will work just as good and cost half as much.

Thanks. Is it possible that i have a bad tank?
Of course it's possible. But a bad tank will not cause your "loud hissing noise".
An over pressurised tank may cause a leak, but I'm not sure. Is the tank the same one as used last year, and was it refilled since last year?

Of course it's possible. But a bad tank will not cause your "loud hissing noise".
An over pressurised tank may cause a leak, but I'm not sure. Is the tank the same one as used last year, and was it refilled since last year?
Its a tank I exchanged at the gas station over a year ago but never used it until a few days ago. The seal was not removed until then,

If the tank is the problem, you would see the bubbles at the big ACME nut connection to the tank.

At times im finding that non Weber stuff does not work that well. Yes Weber stuff may be overpriced but when it comes to safety is not worth risk it over $20. Say non Weber regulator and hose is $10 and Weber is $25 or so last time i saw at Ace. If it was grates or burners stuff like that is fine to pay half price for non weber but not on a device that if defective could trigger a fire. Thats the way i see it.

Chris: Good point. However, he bought a WEBER replacement and it is leaking as well.

Back