Ok Who's Smokin' What This Weekend?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I got a 4 l/b. brisket flat for Saturday. Gonna do some breaking in of the new Weber Kettle with some injected chicken breasts on Sunday. I still got some pulled pork if anyone is hungry......rofl....

As we speak the stock of Kingsford is slowly going up /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm leaning toward chicken on the Weber kettle for Sunday. I've still got leftover butt and a little brisket so I thought I'd let the WSM rest this weekend. I've got some lump and thought I'd try and see how I like it in the kettle.

apparently, i'm going for my first try:

2 whole chickens "throned" on my silver b
3 2lb baby-back on the WSM

I have several experiments going hopefully this weekend. If I have time I will use the WSM on Beef Ribs for the first time. Have a couple of Corn Beef that need smoking, and perhaps some hot wings ( not sure if the WSM is the right choice for this job). I also have some lump to try. I am told lump will burn cleaner and hotter, was thinking some dry pan work also.

Well for the first time in a very long time we are just having an old fashioned BBQ at the house for the folks we like. Cooking up a monster 14# Chuck Roll, some Chickens and a mess of spare ribs. All with Low Carb Rub and Sauce as Jim and I want to keep up the shrinking waist lines.

Im going to do ribs and possibly tenderloin also. I got my Sams Club card ready for action and "who knows what will happen"!
DP

Konrad,

I am low carbing too. What low carb sauce are you using? I have tried one I can't remember if it was from this forum or not but I didn't like it. I am looking for a good LC recipe.

Mike

Howdy...

I? got a salmon filet in the fridge right now, sitting in dark rum for an hour.
Afterwards it?ll be coated with equal parts salt/brown sugar for 4 hours anf then it?ll hit the WSM.

I?ve got big plans for tomorrow, as i?m gonna cook a 11 pound pork shoulder without skin but with the bone in.That beast sure?s gonna take some time...

Don Marco

Put me down for some baby backs this weekend. I think some BRITU, Corky's Dry, and Big Bob Gibsons.

--------------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

15# turkey on the WSM for a birthday party Sat. Won't use "low & slow", but still expecting a wonderful flavored bird. Also serving some left over Mr. Brown that was frozen.

Loading up on some spices from Penzey's today (have the good fortune of having a retail store just down the steet from me).

Vacation next week. Anyone know of a good BBQ place in the Phoenix area?

Saturday I am doing a 5lb corned beef (flat), and sunday 3 racks of Britu.
Should be fun. Suppose to be in the 60's-70's.

I have 4 boston butts going on Saturday evening. One will be for me, and the others will be sold for $25 apiece at the pool hall down the street. I'm usually sold out in about 45 seconds.

Good luck Doug! I believe those beef ribs can be difficult. I'll throw on some spares this weekend. Had a taste of ribs last night at Texas Roadhouse and I really liked the sauce. I need to find a way to either buy it or make something just like it.

I'm doing a couple beer can chickens on the 22.5 kettle and some smoked meatloaf on the WSM. Can't wait to try the meatloaf! The chicken is always yummy...

Looking at mid 70's and sunny here in good ol' NC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back