Ok so my girlfriend woke me up this morning with a present....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al,

Foil them up and pack them away anywhere between 195*-200*. Packed in towels and insulated in a dry ice-chest, they will stay hot for a good four hours.

I held a "pork pulling party" the last time I cooked for a group of friends. I provided one aluminum foil turkey roasting pan, one pork butt, and a pair of food service gloves to those wanting to play. I got to stand back and coach. I then covered each pan with foil and placed them back in the ice-chest and brought them out one at a time for serving.

What can I say, I'm lazy.

Al, like Chet said foil and let rest. I pull mine at 200-205 but thats just me.
icon_rolleyes.gif
If i'm doing them for dinner that day i don't do the cooler thing. The chuck i did last night i pulled it off at 202. I foiled it at 160 so i just let it sit on top the stove for 3 hrs and still hot to the touch when i pulled it at 9:30.
Chet, you ain't lazy your just smarter than the average bear.
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

Wow very cool guys thanks. I am ALMOST ready about ready to inject my 2 butts with marinade......but I just watched the weather channel and it's a 50% chance of rain tomorrow night........now I know unless it's really pouring it doesn't affect the performance of the Bullet, but tonight its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice out, VERY calm about 55 degrees. It's like WHY.......why couldn't I have done it tonight?? Dang work got in the way that's why...kinda adds insult to injury ya know?? I mean it's the PERRRRRRRFECT night for a smoke-out..I wish you guys were here really I really do. If I had more light in the front of my house, I would consider firing up the Bullet, but it's just too dark and dangerous, it's a really old house and I rent, and plus there's only like one light bulb outlet that I don't even think works anymore lol. Oh well......tomorrow night it is....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Big Al

Ok guys about 9 pm and all is well. The pit is rolling at about 245 at the lid and they butts are going well.

Big Al

Big Al,

Bearing gifts like that it looks like your girlfriend is hinting at a ring .....smoke ring that is. Give her the biggest one and she'll tell all her friends !

jeff

Good morning....and thanks jeffr lol. I just got back up and checked the pit....they seem to be doing ok but they are kinda blackened....is this normal bark color or did I do something wrong?? anyone?? They are at about 170 internal temp. right now too....

Big Al

I hope it's normal. Mine have always come out looking pretty black, but the color doesn't affect the taste.

Color doesn't affect the taste.......well that makes me feel quite a bit better Larry, thanks buddy. BTW I LOVE your icon...the Bullet in action....where ever did you get it??

Big Al

I'm not sure where I got the basic picture of the WSM - you can find them in several places via a Google search. I took the photo and created an animated gif from it using an old version of LView. Basically I took about 6 copies of it, and drew in a little bit of smoke in each one. When the animation runs, you see the effect.

Well guys the shoulders seemed to have been a success. I pulled them off at about ten after 9, one was reading about 190 and the other closer to 200. PERFECT I thought....the lil' piggies are wrapped in foil, in the cooler for resting, and they didn't even put up a squeal.
icon_wink.gif
I couldn't believe how easy my meat therm went in when I checked them for the last time....UNBELIEVABLY tender....once again thanks to EVERYONE on this great board for your help and patience........now......who wants some pulled pork??
icon_razz.gif

Big Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back