Office ribs

CullenJ

TVWBB Super Fan
Made this ribs for a potluck at the office yesterday.

http://twitpic.com/144khz

Nothing terribly special, but it was the first time I left the house during a smoke. My oldest daughter kept an eye on things while I took care of some errands. This cooker has earned so much trust from a temp control perspective.

I did four racks of spares and took 3 1/2 to the potluck. I was worried at first cause folks were a bit tenative - you know, slowly getting small portions, but by the end, I only had six bones left to take home.

Lessons learned from this smoke:
- Go lighter on the rub
- I used to foil, but I didn't this time and it's given me confidence to not foil in the future

The wsm is great in that respect. I smoked a chuck roll for 18 hours and only had to add coal once. I used the minion method and put the chuck on and went to bed. Woke up checked on it, added some more coal and went to work. Came home at luch time foiled the chuck and went back to work. Came home and took the chuck off and it was perfect. Everyone love it but I have to say the wsm did all the work.

Hi Cullen - Good looking ribs and always the way to the bosses heart and promotion line. lol. Good for you and glad you had a little fun and a lot of respect from them after all was said and done. Bob B

Back