NY Times Best Hot Dog

C'mon, Tim...are you at all surprised that a Chicago hot dog was ignored in a taste test where the sponsor was the New York Times and the 3 judges were native New Yorkers? I don't think we've seen that kind of fix since the Tammany Hall era...not even in Chicago's Daley years!;)

I did notice that the contest was limited to all-beef hot dogs so that might explain why some posters' favorites were ignored.

C'mon, Tim...are you at all surprised that a Chicago hot dog was ignored in a taste test where the sponsor was the New York Times and the 3 judges were native New Yorkers? I don't think we've seen that kind of fix since the Tammany Hall era...not even in Chicago's Daley years!;)

I did notice that the contest was limited to all-beef hot dogs so that might explain why some posters' favorites were ignored.

No , I'm not surprised and kinda left that one alone.;)
Do you remember Sinai or best Kosher? They were served at Comiskey, a little bit spicier than Vienna, but a good dog.

Tim

Do you remember Sinai or Best Kosher? They were served at Comiskey, a little bit spicier than Vienna, but a good dog.

Tim

Best Kosher used to be sold at Sam's Club in the case, and at the in-store cafe, and they were great. The cafe sold them in very large size, but they were replaced by Nathan's if I remember correctly. Sure wish I could find a retailer in these parts that still sells them.

Best Kosher used to be sold at Sam's Club in the case, and at the in-store cafe, and they were great. The cafe sold them in very large size, but they were replaced by Nathan's if I remember correctly. Sure wish I could find a retailer in these parts that still sells them.

Yea < me too Rusty.
I believe Sarah Lee owned them and shut it down many years ago:confused:

Tim

I see where Hebrew National and Sabrett scored very high in the Huff Po article. I'm not surprised that Nathan's and Boar's Head were just average. Boar's head makes a low fat dog, and the last time I smoked a pack, they had the consistency of a crunchy stick. (left them on just a bit too long)

Back