Not Available in US

Dave Mazz

TVWBB Super Fan
Seems odd to me, that some Weber accessories are available in Europe and Asia, but not in the US. For example, the SS Gourmet Grate, the GBS Waffle Maker, GBS Grate Lifter, to name a few. There are probably others. Just saying.

Last edited:
I find it ridiculous that a lot of stuff isn’t available here. I mean can Weber be a more American icon. They should be ashamed we don’t get everything here.

Might-be that the Europeans and Asians buy more Weber Products New instead of Used??
Probably this. I at least bought my WSM new but admittedly I took a free old master touch and restored it rather than buying a new premium. It cost me about $100 to do, but only about $50 of it went for Weber parts.

There are a lot of companies that make replacement parts for the Weber grills. I suppose if enough of people reach out to those vendors, sending them the links to the products sold overseas...maybe one day they would start making them and offering in US. If Weber won't do this, surely another vendor would, especially if there is money to be made.

The fine mesh roti basket is really nice, I don’t think it is available in the us, it didn’t used to be.

the mangal grill is a non us novelty, I think also no longer available anywhere (like the pizza oven).

ive got some porcelain griddles from South Africa that ate a nice large size, but frankly, not as nice as CI.

Might-be that the Europeans and Asians buy more Weber Products New instead of Used??

I don’t know what it is. Someone buys new, or there wouldn’t be used available and stores would stop stocking them.

Regardless of whether kettle purchased new or used, I would think there would be a market for accessories.

(I’ve bought 2 WSM and one SSP new. 3 or 4 used SSPs and a bunch of new accessories, including imported from Europe and Africa.)

I would like to try out the charcoal ring and the heat diffuser plate that comes with the UK MasterTouch Premium Kettle. I know you can probably make or buy something similar, but it would be an easy way to turn the whole kettle grill grate into an indirect zone for smoking.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Weber Dutch oven would be nice to have.

What’s Weber’s response to them having a bunch of cool stuff unavailable in America?

So, I just got my GBS grate and discovered, much to my horror, there is a waffle iron/sandwich press and a dutch oven that isn't available in the US. Obviously, I'm just catching up to what y'all are already talking about. I gotta get that waffle iron and the dutch oven. How can this happen? Any ideas at all?

So, I just got my GBS grate and discovered, much to my horror, there is a waffle iron/sandwich press and a dutch oven that isn't available in the US. Obviously, I'm just catching up to what y'all are already talking about. I gotta get that waffle iron and the dutch oven. How can this happen? Any ideas at all?
I ordered the Weber SS GBS grate (not available in the US) from a UK company. However, they would not ship to the US. So, I had them ship to a friend of mine in the UK. Upon receipt, my friend replaced the label and shipped to me. Barring that, maybe e-mail a company selling the item, to see if they will ship to the US.

I ordered the Weber SS GBS grate (not available in the US) from a UK company. However, they would not ship to the US. So, I had them ship to a friend of mine in the UK. Upon receipt, my friend replaced the label and shipped to me. Barring that, maybe e-mail a company selling the item, to see if they will ship to the US.

Ooooh, my oldest daughter will be in Europe around the holidays. That might be my way.

The Weber Dutch oven would be nice to have.

I got one of them; got it in an Autumn sale, for £50. Absolutely brilliant, Use it in everyday cooking, in the kitchen oven etc. In fact, used it last night to cook a chilli. Thought I'd just make you jealous :)

Same over here in the UK, there's stuff you have we can't get. Perhaps its down to different cooking preferences/techniques?

I got one of them; got it in an Autumn sale, for £50. Absolutely brilliant, Use it in everyday cooking, in the kitchen oven etc. In fact, used it last night to cook a chilli. Thought I'd just make you jealous :)

Same over here in the UK, there's stuff you have we can't get. Perhaps its down to different cooking preferences/techniques?
I think that is exactly why they have different products, we do not exactly cook the same BUT, I think through the internet we are passing ideas much more easily than any time in history! One would hope that might make companies realize that the entire market is ever expanding and some of them might be appreciated in other places?

Oh, and I AM jealous!

This reminds me that i still need to make a rottiserie setup for my q220. Really made me mad when i first saw webers setup for europe only.

Back