Not available from the Weber Store On-line....

Ok, yes odd. But a question maybe you can answer. This holder is made for the kettle grills. Do you (or anyone) know if it will work on the Performer?

The Performer has something similar (perhaps the same thing?). But pics show that this slide aside hangs the lid so that it is vertical and out of the way whereas the complaint about the perform lid holder is that it holds the lid leaning over and partially blocking access to the grill on that side.

I'm considering a used Performer and this had caught my attention before.

Rich

Jim.
How much are they going for?
I found a few yrs ago at a Weber dealer (Farm & Fleet) when they were clearing out some old stock. I think I paid 16 bucks apiece then. You might want to check out some local older Ace or Tru-Value stores who might have some stashed in the back.

@ Rich.
Yes it should work. You would obviously have to ditch the installed lid bale and plug the holes if you see fit, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't be able to part out.

Tim

hey tim, i think it's going for 16 bucks or so... i don't remember... i have one, butt two will be nice when using (uh huh) two grills:p
i did look at ace, home depot and lowe's, and did ask (they told me, "what you see is what we have")

That's pretty cool. I just got a Jumbo Joe which has a similar holder on the side and it's handier than I would have guessed.

just bought one 2 weeks ago from Weber online store ! Odd...
$24.80, I just now went there and checked it out.
I went to shop/replacement parts/grill accessories/charcoal/ BAM !! there it is!

Ken

Last edited:
Ken, i went the same route, however, when i clicked on it to buy, nothing popped up.
Then i clicked on other items to buy, those did pop up.
So i called and bought it. The lady told me they are not available thru their on-line store.

Anybody find that with the holder more heat/smoke escapes? Makes no difference? I'd love to get it but I'm concerned it makes the lid fit not as well and will affect temps.

Laura

Anybody find that with the holder more heat/smoke escapes? Makes no difference? I'd love to get it but I'm concerned it makes the lid fit not as well and will affect temps.

Laura

At first I did, but after awhile the grease/gunk builds up and you'll hardly notice.

Tim

Ken, i went the same route, however, when i clicked on it to buy, nothing popped up.
Then i clicked on other items to buy, those did pop up.
So i called and bought it. The lady told me they are not available thru their on-line store.

That's strange, cause I did buy it on line for my kid. I didn't have to call. The lady is wrong.
Not thrilled with the people Weber has employed. Some don't know squat !!

Back