No pic's, just a comment......

David

TVWBB Pro
Grilled burgers today, topped with cheese, big sesame seed bun, topped with pickles, onions, mayo and mustard. Really, is there anything so simple, so quick, and yet so good? I may never have another burger in a restaurant ever again......they just don't compare to grilled at home..........................d

I have to agree. There is nothing like a burger on the grill. I like to get creative and try different kinds of cheeses and different toppings, but no matter what you put on them, it doesn't get any better than that! :)

I have burgers out maybe once a year. You can't beat a home made patty with the spices you like in it.

Absolutely agree. Delayed our holiday celebration until today and had burgers also. Awesome. One thing that really moves burgers to the next level is making your own buns. I have started doing that and don't think my family will ever eat another store bought bun again.

I use a basic no knead recipe and it really isn't that much work.

I know how you feel!!!
When I post it was so simple and delicious.. I really mean it. :)

I love a great homemade burger too.
Don thanks for the link on the bread dough. Some buns are way better that's for sure. I'm gonna try this:)

Absolutely agree. Delayed our holiday celebration until today and had burgers also. Awesome. One thing that really moves burgers to the next level is making your own buns. I have started doing that and don't think my family will ever eat another store bought bun again.

I use a basic no knead recipe and it really isn't that much work.

Don, if I also made home made rolls, I am afraid that I would never cook the burger. Homemade bread is kin to homemade ice cream.........too good.......................d

Don, if I also made home made rolls, I am afraid that I would never cook the burger. Homemade bread is kin to homemade ice cream.........too good.......................d

amen to that! But I have to join the chorus on the wonderfulness of a burger on the grill at home. The "juicy Lucy" variation is a personal fave of mine

I grilled some 75% sirloin burgers tonight. I like ground chuck for flavor better, but I use what I have some days.
For the buns, I would like to try the home baked ones, but I usually get buttercrust rolls at the bakery and slice them
for burger or sandwich buns. The burgers tonight were seasoned with seasoned salt, ground pepper, and garlic powder.
No condiments, sometimes simple is the best.

Not too long ago, the weber folks sent out a recipe for chorizo burgers with chipolte mayo to their email list. My daughter (13, and quite an up and coming grill queen) made them and they were delicious. I made an asian slaw and my 11 year old daughter made strawberry pretzel jello (a midwestern thing....and its awesome).

It was a hell of a dinner!

Not too long ago, the weber folks sent out a recipe for chorizo burgers with chipolte mayo to their email list. My daughter (13, and quite an up and coming grill queen) made them and they were delicious. I made an asian slaw and my 11 year old daughter made strawberry pretzel jello (a midwestern thing....and its awesome).

It was a hell of a dinner!
Oh yes, the jello, I know all about midwestern jello.

Back