No more 6 burner Genesis?

SNess

I currently have a genesis II E610, 63010001, with around 750 square inches on the main cooking area.

I'm looking to upgrade, and in the absence of any 6 burner options, looking at the 2022 S435.

How many square inches is the main cooking area, not counting the expandable top rack or the side burner?

In practical use does the smaller ( I think) main cooking area make a noticeable difference? Have a negative impact for anyone?

The 435 has an advertised total cooking area of 994sq in, with the top rack at 348. This leaves 646 sq in on the main grate. Sure you will notice 100sq inches less, if you’re maxing out your current grill. If you never come close, then it’s fairly irrelevant if you don’t use it all.

At this point, no there is no 6 burner.

They did axe the 6-burner Genesis. I think it cannibalized sales from the Summit. The 4 burner + sear burner new Genesis is a pretty big grill but not as big as the 6-burner. I guess it depends on who you usually cook for. To me the 4+ grill would be plenty large enough.

I currently have a genesis II E610, 63010001, with around 750 square inches on the main cooking area.

I'm looking to upgrade, and in the absence of any 6 burner options, looking at the 2022 S435.

How many square inches is the main cooking area, not counting the expandable top rack or the side burner?

In practical use does the smaller ( I think) main cooking area make a noticeable difference? Have a negative impact for anyone?
Why do you want to upgrade out of curiosity? Not a whole lot new. If you really want a 6 burner you could look at the Napoleon PRESTIGE® 665 RSIB

@SNess check out this thread.

With the space of a six burner you could easily add one.

@SNess check out this thread.

With the space of a six burner you could easily add one.
I whole heartedly agree with adding an IR burner. Selfless plug;-)

Seems like a perfect candidate for swapping out to an IR burner. I also see no benefit to an upgrade. What are you looking to gain with the new models?

@SNess I just noticed this is your first post.

Welcome !

And, you'll find we all have lots of opinions, and many here have cooked on many different grills over the years.

If I had a six burner, I'm not sure I'd want to "downsize" to a four burner. I think the two things the 435 has going for it are the sear station and the side burner.

Since a 435 is not low cost, you could easily add an IR sear burner. And stand alone single or two burner stoves are also fairly reasonable, and put out more heat and simmer down to lower temps too.

Just some ideas to improving your six burner, and If I had a six burner, I think I'd put a sear burner here where the orange lines are. It would retain a large area for direct cooking on the right.

good luck and post some pics ( we like pictures )

1646674487125.png

I know Summits don't have the best reputation on here but if your in the market for a new 6 burner Summit I know of a dealer that gives a pretty good deal on them

I would 100% keep the six. There's a lot of versatility with the larger space and three separate grates.

Like how you could swap out one of the three grates and replace with a griddle insert or a partial set of GrillGrates. So you get a flat top and sear station.

Or replace one of the existing burners for an IR sear burner as pictured above. That would be ripper!

One thing that has tempted me about the six burner is the ability to crank up heat under one grate, but still have two big grates remaining to cook a lot of stuff indirect.

So, for example, you could put a huge amount of chicken wings on the left and right grates while turning up the heat under just the middle grate. High heat indirect on your gasser kind of like how a Vortex works on a kettle.

Or you could do a big amount of ribs laid out on two of the grates, and then remove the third grate. To give you easy access to smoker tubes/boxes down on the flavor bars under where the missing grate is.

Don't see any reason why you'd benefit from the down-size to a 4. Do you really want/need a seldom used side burner?

My local Ace has the new 6 burner summit on display, what a monster! It has everything
  • 769-square-inch 60,800-BTU gas grill with stainless-steel cooking grates and Flavorizer bars
  • Front-mounted controls; 6 stainless-steel burners; Snap-Jet individual burner ignition system
  • Side burner, Sear Station burner, smoker burner, and rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner
  • 2 Grill Out lights; LED tank scale display; requires a 20-pound LP tank (sold separately)
  • Measures 30 inches long by 74 inches wide by 57 inches high; 5-year limited warranty
What would expect for $3300.00?

Bill,

That Summit, I am sure, would be an awesome cooker for a while. It is very disappointing, thought, to pay that much for what should be a first-class grill only to start having the painted steel cabinetry rust and worse, rust and eventual burn-through on the front of the firebox. I

It's not that it isn't an impressive grill in appearance and cooking ability when new. It is that, sadly, Weber skimped on using stainless in the cabinetry and used a less than brilliant design for the front of the firebox.

Believe us Bill it is not "all stainless". The inner hood shield is plain steel, the firebox is plain steel with porcelain coat (main trouble point) and the cabinet is painted steel made to look like stainless. Plus lots of chrome plated pot metal and plastic. They turn into rust buckets in no time unless you live in the desert.

That Weber.com set of pictures are deceiving, but if you look closely at the angle shots, you will see that the sides of the cabinet are gray, painted steel. Here's what you get after a few years, in a moist environment, at least. This grill was in South Florida:

Summit Rusty Bottom.jpg

The blocks holding up the left side make a nice touch on your $3K grill:confused:!

Back