No more 22.5 OTG?

Well, I had ordered online (Home Depot) for an OTS, but for some reason after 12 days, I was told that it is back ordered. So I drove to the Brockville HD and picked up a 22.5 OTG. I can't see the 22.5 OTG on the Weber website (only the 26.75 OTG), but they are in stock in the stores (will just return the silver when they do send it). Cooking a bnls pork rib roast right now, if I screw it up, I'll throw it on the Spirit if need be.

As I said, I was going to get the silver but after the tool holder, the hinged great and a thermometer, I would be close to the gold's price anyway. Now I have a new toy to play with.

The pork roast turned out pretty good, if I say so myself. I think I will definately get used to charcoal, especially if it is as easy as this. Of course I have spent untold hours researching how to cook on charcoal, on this site as well as others. My poor Spirit is going to get upset.

Colin,

Your Spirit should play an important part in your charcoal adventure. My Genesis sure does... It holds the chimney starter while the coals are lighting up... ;)

Ok, I think I've finally figured out what's going on. On the Weber U.S. site, the 22.5 OTG is listed, along with the silver. On the International Canadian site, only the 26.75 OTG is listed as a gold all others are silver, so it would appear that at least in Canada, no more 22.5 OTG (at least on the Weber Canada website).
I'm starting to get a headache, going for a little lie-down.

my apologies, i wasn't catching the canada bit. yep, looks like no 22.5 otg. that is just crazy and beyond odd. guess they are forcing you to spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$ on a bigger grill.

Back