No divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don C.

TVWBB Super Fan
This post is made in defference to Larry.

Today was windy as hell so I decided to give the WSM a test. Just a small cook, 1 slab of ribs, trimmed ST. Louis style.

Rub: Head Country (Sorry for taking so long Bryan)
Firing Method: 1/2 MM
Smoke wood: 2 chunks Peacan, 3 Hickory
Wind: 15-20 mph, with gust a bit stronger
Wind break: None

Still amazed. The WSM once again performed flawlessly. Temp. at the grate was 235-241 for most of the cook. I did have the bottom vents set at: 1@100% open(downwind), 1@75%(middle) and 1@50%(windward side).

Planned on a 7 hour cook and the ribs passed the "tear test" at 6hs. 45mins. When I took me knife to them, I got splashed with juice on the first cut.

Tender, juicy and a very nice smoke ring. I had the trimmings on the lower grate and left them on for the entire cook. My wife likes burnt ends so I'd thought I'd comply(and they weren't really over done).

Byran, the rub is very good but a bit salty for my taste. Maybe I used too much. They were still delicious.

Sorry, as the post is entitled, no pics for this cook.

Rath *keeping Larry's wife and monitor happy*

Rath,
Thanks for thinking about me! But the wife isn't home, please put the pic's up!!! She get off at 4pm, so I have plenty of free time!! I am drooling!!
icon_biggrin.gif
Glad to hear your cook turned out great! I was thinking about trying some of the Head Country products as well. Thanks again for thinking about my marriage!!
icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back