No Charcoal At HD?

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Pammi and I were doing our errands today,and we stopped by one of the local Home Depots to get some charcoal from the Spring Black Friday sale. We looked around the grill area, but the only thing we saw was Matchlight K (ugh) and some overpriced RO lump. We asked one of the associates and was told that they sell a lot more gas grills, so they didn't much charcoal. We looked at him like he had a third eye and told him just how wrong that was and that we were off for Lowes!
Has anyone else run into this?

Phil, our local HD had one pallet of KBB twin packs when I picked up my supply. We are in a small town (pop @ 12,000 now) so I wasn't expecting much on hand, but was pleasantly surprised when I was able to get all I wanted...bought 4 twin packs. I hope you were able to get stocked up at Lowe's!

Hey Phil... Our HD had the KBB on sale beginning 4/9, for four days only. Should have more of the same coming up on Memorial Day.

Phil - Sale at Ballantyne Commons Pkwy HD ended April 12. They had several pallets - maybe 6 or 8 - but they were no where near the grills. All the charcoal was over by the contractor checkout for some reason. Also had RO Lump on sale for $10.99 I think.

Jim,I went to the one on South Blvd. I went over to the far side of the building,nature was calling. I didn't see any over there. The guy we talked to worked in the grill/outdoor furniture area.

The first couple years that our HD was open here there was no charcoal. Makes no sense for a store that was selling kettles and performers. They've brought some in now, probably because of the Lowe's that opened not far away.

Back