NIB weber genesis 3

Waiting for Pics! I haven't seen a legitimate new one of these since 1998. That reminds me, there was another guy that had gotten ahold of one of these still NIB. We never got to see anything of that grill except the box. I'm pretty sure he wasn't planning on ever assembling it. What a waste.

From here, I think covers cause more internal moisture problems than leaving it open uncovered. My 2011 Genny side extensions came with a "bikini" style cover which I definitely prefer. Protection where it can help. And I think it also shows that at least the engineers who developed that double size cabinet addition felt a partial cover was better. Or maybe it was a cheap out, but that's not how I see Weber over its history.

Yes, I will definitely post pictures and maybe a video of the unboxing. I am planning on assembling it in the next couple of weeks. I’m selling my old grill this weekend to make room for the new one. From the feedback, it seems I should make no alterations in the hardware and just assemble per the instructions. I am concerned about the frame legs on the left side that will be sitting directly on the ground. I liked how in the newer models they added the casters. I’m also worried about where the frame connects in the middle, and the bar next to the cook box. The genesis im selling to make room for this one, I restored a few years ago and these are the areas with some rust/damage.

I do have a period correct full cover, thanks to an awesome member, and an original half cover. I live in San Diego and the grill gets a good 8 hrs of direct sun, so I was thinking the full cover would protect the materials from fading. Aside from that, I would love to find an original rotisserie, part #9210. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please let me know. I’ll post pictures and updates soon. Thanks for reading and giving all of the feedback!

Might not hurt to add some Rustoleum high heat to the areas of the frame that touch the firebox and also replace the standard issue bolts there with marine grade stainless. Possibly put a large stainless washer between the frame and firebox.

To me, that would not take away at all from it being original, just give you more usable time. Any grill, even a classic Weber, is ultimately going to be impacted by its environment and how it is maintained and stored. I wish we were all blessed like @Rich Dahl to have the dry climate of Rustfree, AZ!

You could put scrap block of PT lumber under the feet (balance under the wheels) ur use plastic furniture feet (easiest). I've seen these at Lowe's up to 2" wide for under $10.

What I would do is coat all internal lower frame pieces with Fluid Film and on those two lower frame pieces I would use these plugs.Screenshot_20240502-060829.png

Regarding the Assembly Bolts I would order Black Stainless Steel Bolts to keep it looking original but still provide some rust protection.

Mcmaster-Carr has a good selection.

Screenshot_20240502-061812.png

Last edited:
Yah, I think the plugs on the Genesis 1-5 grills without wheels just had plugs in them similar to the ones they used in the end of the frame handles. They didn't consider drainage when they used them. Drilling a hole in the bottom of the plugs would help probably.

Back