Newest Member of the Team - the 26.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Schnell

TVWBB Member
I found this baby on Kijiji. It's a DE model that means three years old, I think. It was an hour's drive away but worth it to me. I have been watching for this grill for months. They just don't come up for sale around the Toronto area. In Canada this would cost me $450 new with tax. It also came with a Weber chimney and probably $50 or $60 worth of wood chunks and chips. It didn't come with a cover but I could tell that it has been stored indoors. NO dings, scratches, or rust spots.

I've read here from others about how beefy this thing is. I was still amazed when I picked up the lid for the first time. The charcoal grate has support bars under it! I can't wait to break it in at our house.
P1040400.jpg

Yeah, I think I will be happy. I've started to make our whole meal (family of 5)on the grill now and am getting tired of juggling things around on the 22.5. Now I just have to have a big party so my wife sees that it makes sense to have a 26.75 and a 22.5!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Schnell:
Yeah, I think I will be happy. I've started to make our whole meal (family of 5)on the grill now and am getting tired of juggling things around on the 22.5. Now I just have to have a big party so my wife sees that it makes sense to have a 26.75 and a 22.5! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This man is always thinking.. I like it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin L (NKY):

This man is always thinking.. I like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I've discovered that one of the keys to happiness is getting the spouse on board when it comes to hobbies. I have three main hobbies: deer hunting, woodworking, and Weberizing. She loves the backstraps, tenderloins, and smoked summer sausage that comes from the deer. So that hobby makes sense to her. She enjoys the bed we sleep in, I built it, along with most of our other furniture. That hobby also earns its keep. So I have to keep making tasty goodies on the Webers. It's not too hard to make my Weber hobby makes sense.

Now, if I was to take up golf (she'd be fine with it to a certain extent) it doesn't earn its keep. I've got nothing to show for that other than a farmer's tan.

Someone once said, "Happy wife, happy life." I'll make that more gender friendly, happy spouse, happy house!
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Schnell:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin L (NKY):

This man is always thinking.. I like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I've discovered that one of the keys to happiness is getting the spouse on board when it comes to hobbies. I have three main hobbies: deer hunting, woodworking, and Weberizing. She loves the backstraps, tenderloins, and smoked summer sausage that comes from the deer. So that hobby makes sense to her. She enjoys the bed we sleep in, I built it, along with most of our other furniture. That hobby also earns its keep. So I have to keep making tasty goodies on the Webers. It's not too hard to make my Weber hobby makes sense.

Now, if I was to take up golf (she'd be fine with it to a certain extent) it doesn't earn its keep. I've got nothing to show for that other than a farmer's tan.

Someone once said, "Happy wife, happy life." I'll make that more gender friendly, happy spouse, happy house!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great hobbies, and great to see your family enjoys the outdoors cooking as it is a great way of life.
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back